• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asterisk PBX  (Read 10156 times)
radicalbiscuit

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »

Is it expected that the lack of floating point would render Asterisk unusable with this hardware? I've found limited evidence that someone has already done it, but it's inconclusive.

bzhou
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »

People have been using asterisk even on nslu2 (266MHz 32MB RAM), there's a nslu2-asterisk yahoo group. The lack of FPU will prevent some modules but for the main feature it should be fine.
One way of installing asterisk on sheevaplug is from optware/cs08q1armel ipkg repository, see http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/HomePage for ipkg setup instruction.

pauldy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »

I was browsing through the available packages to install.  Have you tried running apt-get install asterisk?

boerner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:26:21 AM »

Anybody ever get Asterisk running on a plug? I haven't gotten a plug yet to try, but I saw this device today that makes me more anxious to try:

http://sangoma.com/products_and_solutions/hardware/analog_telephony/usb_fxo.html

A simple USB dongle to add to FXO ports. Sangoma has good reputation for quality and open drivers, so the combination of these two might be interesting. Ironically, the device seems to be going for about $139 USD, making it more than the plug itself. But a fully functional two line PBX for about $240 sounds pretty sweet, considering it could be extended fairly easily with a hub and another dongle.

Hmmm...I wonder if Hylafax will work...

rseste

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 01:07:03 PM »

I installed Asterisk 1.6.1.0 in my plug and it is working perfectly for SIP. I'm just facing some problems with chan_mobile, the audio through bluetooth is only working on one way. I have the same setup in a x86 and it works. For some reason the bluetooth drivers in the plug are not working properly. The received packets are not properly parsed. I'm trying to investigate this bug.

boerner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »

I installed Asterisk 1.6.1.0 in my plug and it is working perfectly for SIP. I'm just facing some problems with chan_mobile, the audio through bluetooth is only working on one way. I have the same setup in a x86 and it works. For some reason the bluetooth drivers in the plug are not working properly. The received packets are not properly parsed. I'm trying to investigate this bug.

Thanks for the success story. May I asked how you installed, package or source? Any particular issues, or did it simply just work? Thanks again.

cdoban

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »

Regarding the Sangoma USB dongle.
Personally I'd buy 2 Linksys SPA3102 for about the same price ($140 for both) and have 2 FXO and 2 FXS that can be located anywhere in the world (not only directly hooked to the SheevaPlug).

Regards,
Corneliu

PS: I've got my Sheeva last week but, I'm still keeping my astetrisk on the NSLU2  Grin

I saw this device today that makes me more anxious to try:

http://sangoma.com/products_and_solutions/hardware/analog_telephony/usb_fxo.html

A simple USB dongle to add to FXO ports. Sangoma has good reputation for quality and open drivers, so the combination of these two might be interesting. Ironically, the device seems to be going for about $139 USD, making it more than the plug itself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:24:39 PM by cdoban » Logged

rseste

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »

Thanks for the success story. May I asked how you installed, package or source? Any particular issues, or did it simply just work? Thanks again.

I installed from source because I needed the new version, 1.6.1.0, that is not available from package. The only issue that I found is regarding the bluetooth audio. I didn't try others features....only SIP and chan_mobile.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:05:31 AM by rseste » Logged

tony.p.lee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 07:30:48 AM »

KW CPU comes with the TDM interface.

If we were to put the VOIP on the addon module and mod the case a bit to build a new VOIP plug, how much demands do you think it will be?  How big is the market for such device?

Since non-trivial amount of investment is needed,  we like to get a sense of demand.

I will chat with the HW engineer on actual HW feasibility - make sure all the needed TDM signals have been routed to the 2nd board.

BTW,  if you know the market and feel the demand can justify such investment ($$ on your part),  feel free to mail me @ tony.p.lee@gmail.com.      I can provide some support.

I have KW demo platform with FXS/FXO and have demoed VOIP connections via analog phone.

I also has demo of connection with SIP phone via Marvell sdio wifi modules.

p.s. I worked for Marvell. (post gmail address, since they are better on filter spam.)

areguly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »

Hi, how did you get around the compilation problems?

I keep getting:

src/add.c:1: error: bad value (armv5tejl) for -march= switch
Assembler messages:
Error: unknown architecture `armv5tejl'

Error: unrecognized option -march=armv5tejl
make[2]: *** [src/add.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [gsm/lib/libgsm.a] Error 2
make: *** [codecs] Error 2

Thanks!

I installed from source because I needed the new version, 1.6.1.0, that is not available from package. The only issue that I found is regarding the bluetooth audio. I didn't try others features....only SIP and chan_mobile.

rseste

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 06:09:59 AM »

Hi, how did you get around the compilation problems?

I keep getting:

src/add.c:1: error: bad value (armv5tejl) for -march= switch
Assembler messages:
Error: unknown architecture `armv5tejl'

Error: unrecognized option -march=armv5tejl
make[2]: *** [src/add.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [gsm/lib/libgsm.a] Error 2
make: *** [codecs] Error 2

Thanks!

Edit makeopts, find PROC=armv5tejl and change to PROC=arm, save and exit.

this should work!!

areguly

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »

Thanks! editing makeopts after running ./configure works!

calagan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 02:42:19 AM »

Any luck with Skype for Asterisk?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: