• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where is the shutdown button on the sheevaplug?  (Read 5410 times)
Bleupomme

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »

I want to replace my NSLU2 by a sheevaplug I just acquired. I miss the CTRL-ALT-DEL button from the NSLU2, at the moment I am login through ssh to issue a halt command. I there a way to make this work with a button?

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »

The only way I've thought of so far is to add a udev rule that when a certain USB device is connected it runs halt.
easy to configure.  You just need a USB device that you reserve for the process (needs some unique identifier - the iSerial should do).  And a USB port that you keep empty....

Bleupomme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:01:17 AM »

That is a good idea indeed. I thought about a mini one key usb keyboard that could send the CTRL-ALT-DEL signal, but did not find one yet. You solution is obviously easier.

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »

Another possibility is to wire a switch(button) to one of the unused GPIOs and use an interrupt from there to initiate a shutdown.  Requires HW and SW changes. (I said it was possible, not easy Smiley )

Mark

tamberg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »

@MarkF, Bleupomme: Shiny Devices provides a single key USB "keyboard" (http://shinydevices.com/products/keystroke-diy) allowing a mix of your approaches.

Regards,
tamberg

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:30:11 AM »

Cool!

Mark

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: