• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Restore using Installer 1.0 and USB fails. Netboot?  (Read 1288 times)
schafdog

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2009, 09:41:19 AM »

Hi

I am a newbie on shevaplug, but I did succeed to crash the nand after few days...

Compiled a new kernel on a MMC card and must have installed wrongly on the NAND. It was hanging on boot.

I have upgraded to u-boot 3.4.19 (from .16) for better USB support.

I have tried using boot USB Recover and  ShevaPlug installer with very little success (kernel panic, hangs). I havent documented the tries but I believe that the USB sticks, I am using,  isnt working well with the sheeva plug. I am seeing "usb start" that fails to detect the USB.

What is the right compination of u-boot and recovery using USB? Does Sheeva Installer set up a complete u-boot enviroment so I have messed it up, it should be fixed? 

Will now attempt to set up an NFS share so I can get it booted. Any good postings on this?

schafdog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:59:26 PM »

After two days of flighting, I finally succeeded in restoring the nand with the combination of netbooting a small image (http://mark.ossdl.de/2009/09/network-booting-linux-on-the-sheevaplug/comment-page-1/#comment-7288) and the restore described in the documentation "SheevaPlug - Writing Jaunty Filesystem on the NAND flash".

I am still interested in learning how to setup a net boot with nfs root for developement purpose. My initial net boots with that got same error as the USB boot, hanging after unpacking the kernel. Still not sure wht this happens...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: