• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DVB Streaming - options  (Read 1469 times)
fragfutter

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »

my sheevaplug is running ubuntu 9.04. Attached to it is a Cinergy T^2 DVB-T receiver. I'd like to be able to stream to the network and record streams. I don't want to run mythtv on the sheeva. I'm capable of scripting my needs.

To start i tried with vlc.

running
Code:
cvlc --intf telnet --sout "#standard{access=http,mux=ts,dst=:8080}" \
  --ttl=12 dvb:// \
  --dvb-frequency=482000000 --dvb-bandwidth=8 --program=514

is starting a stream. CPU Consumption is around 25-30%. (most likely does some post processing) Works pretty well. But VLC is a memory hog and has a memory leak. Starts out with 250MB and increases to around 380 after an hour.

Next i tried dvbstream
Code:
dvbstream -f 482000000 545 546

works also. CPU Consumption below 5%. Memor 3MB. Yes three. Works very well. But i have virtually no control over it (besides killing and restarting the process the moment i need to change transponder) 

As there is no mplayer package for arm in ubuntu i'm compiling one at the moment and will try it later

Do you have any suggestions of other programs i could use. I require a small memory footprint and some kind of scriptable remote interface (telnet, http, d-bus, socket anything i can contact with python)

gfranzin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 01:09:09 AM »

If I understood well you compiled mplayer for sheevaplug with ubuntu. Since I need mplayer and I have a similar setup, can you please share with me your binary or show me how to compile it. thanks giovanni

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:13:44 AM »

i dropped ubuntu when i found out that they will stop supporting arm5. So i have no mplayer for ubuntu package.
Debian contains a mplayer package you might want to recompile using it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: