• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Before ordering the Sheeva DevKit...  (Read 2352 times)
littlebigman

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:30:09 AM »

Hello

I'd like to order a SheevaPlug to run a Freeswitch telephony server for SOHO users, but since I have no experience with this device, I'd like some feedback before placing an order:

1. I'm located in France. For those of you located in Europe, did you have good experience with  GlobalScaleTechnologies, or should I order it from another vendor?

2. Besides the SheevaPlug DevKit, are there other items recommdended, e. "OSGi + JVM Add-on for SheevaPlug Dev Kit on SD-Card", etc.?

Thank you.

PS: Is there a way to change the interface layout so that I can see what I type in the "Subject" line, instead of having black text over black background, the icons to send/cancel, etc?

j0n3s

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:25:27 AM »

hi,

1. I can suggest to take a look at NewIT (based in UK) - I have bought one device from them and everything seems to be ok - fast delivery time, device is working fine, etc.

2. here is depending on your needs, I have put Debian on my device, no problems so far.

P.S. In Profile -> Look & Layout Prefs. -> Current Theme you can change default theme.

all the best,

littlebigman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 07:11:54 AM »

Thanks. I'll check out NewIT also.

Changed the layout. Much easier to read ;-)

DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »

Hi,

1) My experience with GS has been OK (I'm in the UK).

2) I'm using Sun's 'Embedded SE' JRE for ARM, which works well, and also hope to use the IcedTea/Zero/Shark JDK (I didn't have time this week to continue testing it).  If performance isn't an issue than a plain IcedTea JDK or JRE may work for you.

Rgds

Damon

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: