• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tottaly Newbie  (Read 2434 times)
alexgondim

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »

Dear all,

I am sorry but I am new at Linux and at Sheeva, it just arrived, I have pluged it in, and have found it in my network. So, letīs start the questions:

I am using Putty software to loggin in in Sheeva, so there is any default login and pass to enter??

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »

id - root
pwd - nosoup4u

This is documented somewhere.  And once you are in as root you should create a user account and use that for normal work.  It's a Bad Idea to run as root except when you really need to.

snake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »

Dear all,

I am sorry but I am new at Linux and at Sheeva, it just arrived, I have pluged it in, and have found it in my network. So, letīs start the questions:

I am using Putty software to loggin in in Sheeva, so there is any default login and pass to enter??

Hello alexgondim,

Does your Sheevaplug (SDK) comes with a development CD? Maybe a little browsing on the documents could help you start faster...  Smiley

Just my 2 cents.

DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:37:39 AM »

Also, change the root password ASAP to eliminate the possibility of your plug being logged into by someone nefarious across the Web.  There are programs which scan the Internet looking for root accounts with known passwords.  I get many many many attempts on my machines each day.

Rgds

Damon

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:14:06 AM »

There are programs which scan the Internet looking for root accounts with known passwords.  I get many many many attempts on my machines each day.
Your Plug is connected directly to the Internet - not via a router?!?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: