• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Globalscale Technologies Advice Please?  (Read 18099 times)
NewIT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:08 AM »

Looking at the retailers list:

NewIT: UK - seem to get their stuff via Globalscale

We buy a quantity at time direct from Globalscale and Distribute mainly throughout Europe, but we have shipped a few as far as Australia, New Zealand and America!

If you have the correct IEC C7 power cable for your country the units will work.

We have another shipment from GST arriving ourselves this week.

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »

Update:  I just reeived an E-Mail that says (in part):

"We just wanted to update you and let you know that your order xxxxxx has shipped via FedEx Ground Service."

Perhaps others will receive theirs as well.

Mark

divdiv

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 05:03:25 PM »

My order has shipped too - on the 17th as they indicated - so credit where credit is due.

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 04:56:58 AM »

Just checked my email and I got a tracking number as well.

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

Hey there,
Wanted to let you all know that I spoke to GlobalScale today. They said that their shipment is running late, and they won't be able to ship any until the "end of the month." I asked why the site had not been updated, why my email hadn't been responded to, why they already charged my card without shipment, and why after two weeks of no shipment, they haven't offered an update. She didn't have much to say about that.

In any case, I canceled my order somewhat out of principal. I just felt that it was a very poor experience. So now my issue is that I don't have a Sheevaplug en route anymore  Sad. I'm going to scour the internet and see if I can find one. I'm tempted to just go with a pogoplug, but I don't want to lose the SDHC slot.

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

Haha okay so I contacted NewIT - they told me it would be better to order from globalscale. So, to my chagrin, I have re-placed my order w/ Globalscale. This time, at least, I chose the cheapest shipping option. So in the end I think I saved a few bucks, but it has been a hassle. Oh well i'm no longer holding my breath for this thing - when it comes, it comes. Too bad their customer service sucks.

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »

That is strange. Some of us here got our emails with tracking numbers for our sheevaplugs in the past 24hrs. Mine has still not yet left America. I've been waiting almost 5 weeks now.

I recall you mentioned you ordered 2 weeks ago? Maybe Globalscale likes to have customers wait 4-5 weeks just to rub in the hurt of charging our credit cards?

I also spoke to a woman at Globalscale who seemed quite unconcerned about the lack of reply to emails / contact us form and lack of updates.

Why did NewIT tell you to order from Globalscale? I'm a bit disappointed to hear that since I was keen on making further purchases from them. There is an Ionics thread here that shows Ionics isn't much better than Globalscale in customer service.

This is pretty bad really. I wonder if Marvell or whoever is the body behind these Sheevaplugs knows the difficulty we, the customers, are having getting access to their products?

NewIT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »

hungarianhc, we did not tell you to order from GST, we just pointed out that you lived in the USA and GST were getting their stock immanently.  We have and will continue to sell to customers in the USA, we just thought we were being helpful.

Fedor, I do not think there is a problem getting the SheevaPlug, if you need some we have ample stock to sell to you immediately, in fact our store shows the stock level of each configuration of SheevaPlug we sell.

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »

hungarianhc, we did not tell you to order from GST, we just pointed out that you lived in the USA and GST were getting their stock immanently.  We have and will continue to sell to customers in the USA, we just thought we were being helpful.
Right - I didn't mean to misrepresent what you said. I just asked you if you had the item in stock, and you mentioned that another store, one which is less expensive and domestic, would have it shortly. I interpreted that as pointing me toward ordering from them - apologies if I misrepresented what you wrote.

NewIT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »

Right - I didn't mean to misrepresent what you said. I just asked you if you had the item in stock, and you mentioned that another store, one which is less expensive and domestic, would have it shortly. I interpreted that as pointing me toward ordering from them - apologies if I misrepresented what you wrote.

Its not a problem, we carry the EU and UK versions of the SheevaPlug, and as I said we have and will sell to anyone from the USA. As long as a buyer from the USA has the relevaent power cord (IEC C7) to fit the plug then it will work. Smiley

QuadRobin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »

It is my understanding that there is a 4 week lead time when ordering plug computers directly from GlobalScale, and that probably does not include any shipping time.

QuadAxis - the axis where ingenuity meets the future.

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »

Well 4+ weeks is certainly the case for me. By the time mine arrives, it will be over 5 weeks since I made the online purchase.

Quite frankly, this is simply ridiculous. I urge anyone interested in buying a sheevaplug to seriously consider other vendors to buy from. It is a joke they write "2-3 weeks" on their website now.

In summary:

1) They take your money at the time you purchase - bill your credit card / Paypal.
2) Don't respond to email or their contact us portion of their website.
3) Don't tell you they have no stock.
4) The only way to find out anything is to actually ring them.

I was not prepared for this degree of hassle. The cost of the sheevaplug and shipping is significant enough for me to feel uneasy that they charged me and didn't respond to requests for information.

If selling to individuals (I am not a business or bulk buyer) is such a chore for them, fine, I'll take my business elsewhere and I hope any of you reading this do that too.

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »

Well 4+ weeks is certainly the case for me. By the time mine arrives, it will be over 5 weeks since I made the online purchase.

Quite frankly, this is simply ridiculous. I urge anyone interested in buying a sheevaplug to seriously consider other vendors to buy from. It is a joke they write "2-3 weeks" on their website now.

In summary:

1) They take your money at the time you purchase - bill your credit card / Paypal.
2) Don't respond to email or their contact us portion of their website.
3) Don't tell you they have no stock.
4) The only way to find out anything is to actually ring them.

I was not prepared for this degree of hassle. The cost of the sheevaplug and shipping is significant enough for me to feel uneasy that they charged me and didn't respond to requests for information.

If selling to individuals (I am not a business or bulk buyer) is such a chore for them, fine, I'll take my business elsewhere and I hope any of you reading this do that too.
The only problem is that it's tough to find other US retailers... If you order from NewIT, you don't get the USA plug, and it costs a lot more due to it having to be shipped internationally. If there were another option, I would go with it.

MarkF

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »

fedor,

I'm sorry you are having so many problems.  I'm not trying to minimize your plight; however, my experience with GS was slightly different.

When I sent an E-Mail to GS, I received a reply the next day telling me when they expected to get more stock and that my order would be one of the ones fulfilled from that stock.  I got a tracking number the day they said they would get more stock.  The device arrived at my door the day the shipper said it would.

While I agree that GS' customer service leaves a bit to be desired and their website should have more information about current and delayed stock, they fulfilled my order (eventually) and I'd have no problem ordering from them again.  Maybe I didn't expect much in the way of service and then didn't get excited when I didn't get much. Smiley I'm used to getting stuff directly from hardware vendors (processors, memory, flash, PCBs, etc) and it is frequently delayed due to this or that.

From my perspective, I don't see how GS can manufacture and sell this device, in really small quantities, for $100, and make money.  I'm just glad they are trying.  Right now, I don't think GS is ready to compete with Amazon, Dell, Newegg, TigerDirect, etc. in the consumer product delivery/satisfaction realm; but, for your sake, and folks that follow, I hope they try harder.

Mark

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

I'm glad it worked out for you.

I'm sure no one is forcing Globalscale to sell these things. Presumably Globalscale is a company selling stuff for the purpose of making a profit? Wonder how long they'll last with their attitude to customers...

So this is a niche product, only really suitable for people interested in linux and electronics. That's fine. I've got two Beagleboards. I didn't get treated like dirt buying those. They didn't take my money knowing they had no stock and replied to modern forms of communication.

Anyway, this thread is fast approaching 1000 views. It seems the topic is of interest to many.

A quick whois on plugcomputer.org shows Marvell as the Registrant Organization for the site. Someone from Marvell must check these forums at some time.

Hellloooo Marvell... are you there? Any comment?

New potential customers might read the forums and the threads on what woeful service 2 out of 3 retailers are providing... Doesn't look good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to: