• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SVN server  (Read 4524 times)
evoke

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »

Hello Guys,
                 Have anyone setup there sheeva plug to be an SVN server for their projects. I think it is a very enviromentally friendly way to keep a back up of your development while making sure you can continue developing any where in the world.

evoke

LordAzuzu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »

To me, it sounds like a very interesting idea. But...
What about the storage? I wouldn't sleep at night having my repos running on an sdcard or a simple usb drive Cheesy

DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »

Hi,

I have all my SVN respositories on my plug, on SD card.  I do almost all my SVN work over SSH from my Mac, ie as svn+ssh, except for work locally on the plug.

I will be backing them up a little more often than if they'd been on magnetic disc, but I've had those fail too of course.

Rgds

Damon

LordAzuzu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 11:12:57 AM »

Everything will phail, soon or later Cheesy

plugger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:27:33 PM »

I installed SVN+SSH; it worked right out of the apt-get box as far as I can remember. The default repository location is under /var/local/svn/... in the root filesystem (an 8G Flash SDHC 6 card on mine). Of course, imagining I'm going to pound my CF with my svn activity (hah) I HAD to move it to a huge spinning disk.

I set up a mount point to an external HDD, and created a "var/local" path under the drive's mount point (imitating the default path mostly to avoid getting confused later). Then I prepended the mount point path to the default "var/local/svn/..." path specified in  /etc/xinetd.d/svn, rebooted, and it was ready to go.

I moved the lighthttp and mysql data directories over to that drive's var/local also; mysql was a PITA because you also have to edit apparmor files.

Klaus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »

I am running subversion, apache, trac (xmlrpc and web frontend), mpd and some other tools on the dreamplug.
So far everything is fast enough and it works like a charm.

Storage is an external USB drive that is soon-to-be replaced by an esata drive combo.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: