• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: guruplug server plus libertas driver  (Read 1594 times)
soxs060389

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2010, 03:58:57 AM »

Hi

I am trying to setup my fedora based rootfilesystem. Therefore I need a custom kernel which supports its version of iptables, selinux and other stuff.
So I patched 2.6.35-rc5 with 0002-* and 0003-* of the guruplug patches (0001-* is allready upstream as it seems). All fine so far.
Cross compiling the kernel succeded aswell (at least it booted to some stage).
But here the problems begin:
make modules went all fine, except for this:

Code:
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c: In function ‘uap_proc_read’:
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:62: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘mc_list’
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:82: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘mc_count’
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:87: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘mc_count’
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:91: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:91: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:92: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:92: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:93: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:93: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.c:95: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[4]: *** [drivers/net/wireless/libertas_uap/uap_proc.o] Error 1

and a general question, which of the libertas drivers do I need for guruplug? There a bunch of them:
Code:
# CONFIG_LIBERTAS_THINFIRM is not set
CONFIG_LIBERTAS_UAP=m
CONFIG_LIBERTAS=m
# CONFIG_LIBERTAS_USB is not set
CONFIG_LIBERTAS_SDIO=m
# CONFIG_LIBERTAS_SPI is not set
# CONFIG_LIBERTAS_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_LIBERTAS_MESH is not set

Please tell me if anything is set incorrectly. Thank you for your time.

sfzhi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »

Looks like the patches are not compatible with 2.6.35, but I'm not sure.
You can ask around if anyone has managed to compile it with 2.6.35. Or you can try an older kernel just as a test (I'm using 2.6.33 and it works fine).

As for which driver you need, the answer is up to you. If you want an access point then you need CONFIG_LIBERTAS_UAP, if you want client mode then you need CONFIG_LIBERTAS and CONFIG_LIBERTAS_SDIO. So your configuration seems correct to me.

Lack of knowledge is not such a big problem, unwillingness to learn is.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: