A request for help out of the gate:
I tried both windows vista via Putty and Linux Ubuntu/Mint and no go,
I try ssh email@example.com
and get: 169.254.148.164 port 22: No route to host
Putty gave me about the same results. I was not able to find the DHCP log to get the
ip address but windows network information gave some hints that this was the needed ip address.
Following these directions - I was not able to get there. - never got to Log in
* ou must have a DHCP server on your network. If you are using a home router, you probably do.
* Connect the Plug to both ethernet and power. It will boot and acquire an IP address via DHCP after a few minutes.
* Check your DHCP logs to find out what IP address the Plug got.
* SSH to the Plug as root. On Linux or Mac, just do "ssh root@<ip>" (where <ip> is the plug's IP address). On Windows, Putty is an excellent SSH client.
* Log in to the Plug with the password "nosoup4u".
Any one else with the same problem, now solved ??