• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fedora 12 on USB key run but don't find 'modules.dep'  (Read 2214 times)
maisondouf

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »

II've installed rootfs-f12.tar.bz2 in an USB key with your method and Fedora run fine...

A simple question: For what I always have errors messages about /lib/modules/2.6.xxx/modules.dep Huh

As this:

Code:
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.30-00000-v2.6.30/modules.dep: No such file or directory

This message appears many times along the boot process.

I've searched anywhere for an answer, but I haven't found anything about this?

As I'd got "rootfs-f12.tar.bz2" HERE, where  I can get something like "modules-f12.tar.bz2" for the sheeva ?

Thanks

In love with Linux since Vista is born Cheesy

matik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »

I replaced the kernel with 2.6.34 from http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/, using the README script to install, and then editing the bootcmd env variable in uBoot.

I'm not sure if this is advisable, but it has been running fine off an SD card for last few days.

djrm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »

Greetings maisondouf,

I'm not sure if the reason for the failure means that you need to run depmod  -a at the command line but when I had a similar problem that is what cured it.

hth David.

soxs060389

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »

Either you compile your own kernel with your own modules and make module install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/path/to/rootfs/on/sdcard/ or you keep the initial debian kernel and copy its modules from /etc/modules/${kernel_version}/* (or similar) to your fedora rootfs (same path). The latter method may not work due to possible userspace programs/kernel incompatibilites, but you can give it a shoot, and worst case do a rm -Rvf /etc/modules/${kernel_version} (on your fedora rootfs). Good luck.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: