• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Boycott Global Scale Technologies  (Read 9114 times)
DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 01:03:08 AM »

Data point: the plug that I just ordered from GS arrived here in the UK in 2 weeks from date of order.

Rgds

Damon

slasher302

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 06:30:12 AM »

My Sheevaplug took about two months to arrive.  They never returned any of my E-mail, but I was able to catch them on the phone for new ETA's on the product.  Can I say I'm thrilled with them.  Absolutely not!  But they didn't take my money and run either.

badcam

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 11:56:49 AM »

My Sheevaplug took about two months to arrive.  They never returned any of my E-mail, but I was able to catch them on the phone for new ETA's on the product.  Can I say I'm thrilled with them.  Absolutely not!  But they didn't take my money and run either.

So was yours on backorder? I ordered mine knowing full well that it was on backorder and that GS would even have it themselves for at least one month, let alone ship it.

Did you at any time logon to GS's website and check the status of the order? It's not updated frequently, but at least you know it's on it's way.

As for the Ionics plug suggested by Snake:

I'd like to get a couple from them as they are much smaller than the GS version and black. Sweet. But, they seem even more disorganised in my opinion than GS as they at first answered my initial enquiries, and now they aren't responding at all to my requests for purchase. Their website is poor. There's no way to contact them (that I can see) other than their one supplied email address.

Has anyone actually successfully purchased any plugs from them? If so, whom can I contact please?

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:50 PM »

...but I wonder why Globalscale has such a hard time keeping them in stock while Tonido doesn't. Also I hear there is no wait on Pogoplug either.
Perhaps because it's a developer kit, while the other two are productions models, with no SD slot (and, IIRC, less memory on the Pogoplug at least)

snake

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »

As for the Ionics plug suggested by Snake:

I'd like to get a couple from them as they are much smaller than the GS version and black. Sweet. But, they seem even more disorganised in my opinion than GS as they at first answered my initial enquiries, and now they aren't responding at all to my requests for purchase. Their website is poor. There's no way to contact them (that I can see) other than their one supplied email address.

Has anyone actually successfully purchased any plugs from them? If so, whom can I contact please?

Hi badcam,

Have you ever tried clicking on the "CONTACT US" link?  Grin
Or if you really like direct links try this.... http://www.ionics-ems.com/contact.html

There are 3 main SDK distributors I think: GlobalScale, NEW IT, and IONICS and you can certainly choose any of them, but do not expect that these companies could always reply to your inquiries since they could be busy processing bulk orders....

Just my 2 cents.

badcam

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 02:16:24 AM »

Hi badcam,

Have you ever tried clicking on the "CONTACT US" link?  Grin
Or if you really like direct links try this.... http://www.ionics-ems.com/contact.html

Yes, I have  Grin  In fact I've actually been communicating with someone there, or at least trying to for several weeks.

I actually sent a dismissive email to them today to try to elicit at least SOME sort of response. I got an email (finally) from them saying I could now purchase using paypal, and was given a link to http://www.ionics-ems.com/products.html where I could purchase the plug with paypal, she advised. I don't think their site's working yet, as I'll be darned if I can see where, or how I can purchase it one their site (IE or Firefox). If anyone else has any sucess, please let me know.

They seem far more disjointed than GS, that's for sure.

Shame, because their plugs are far cooler than GS's. I'm sure they'll get there eventually.

NewIT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 04:51:08 AM »

There are 3 main SDK distributors I think: GlobalScale, NEW IT, and IONICS and you can certainly choose any of them, but do not expect that these companies could always reply to your inquiries since they could be busy processing bulk orders....

Just my 2 cents.

I can certainly say that here at New IT we aim to answer every enquiry within minutes of receipt. And orders are sent out if not the same day, then the next business day - so order before 12pm and it should be with you the next day Smiley depending on Royal Mail strikes Smiley

info@newit.co.uk

Smiley

taste

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 08:06:22 AM »

If anyone else has any sucess, please let me know.
You can order them at http://www.ionics-ems.com/products_cart.html
(I just followed the link 'shop now using paypal' at their home page)

badcam

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »

If anyone else has any sucess, please let me know.
You can order them at http://www.ionics-ems.com/products_cart.html
(I just followed the link 'shop now using paypal' at their home page)

Well, I can see it now. They must have put through some further changes between my post and yours, because that paypal link was not there before. The link provided by Ionics to me, still doesn't have any "plug" purpose, but at least it's possible now to place an order.

badcam

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »

I've purchased two plugs from Ionics.

Now, I'm in NZ, but post between the UK and here is fast, so it's going to be interesting to see how long delivery will take.

Wink Their shopping cart isn't working very well  Roll Eyes

Try it out for yourself on a few options. You can cancel out of it before it's too late. You'll quickly see what I mean.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:08:38 PM by badcam » Logged

alexodus

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »

GRRR!!!!!!
Today Global Scale Technology shipped me the order!
But I've rejected it.
They are wery awful, useless company.

DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »

Um, they were OK communicating with me, if a little tetchy: are you quite sure that you've not worked up an email problem at your end (eg over-aggressive SPAM filtering) into some major imagined slight?

GS has delivered for me twice.

Rgds

Damon

mail4asim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »

Yes you're right. Pogoplug only has 256MB memory. Tonido is pretty much identical in specs other than it lacks the serial USB and SD card slot. But I simply cannot accept the fact that GS orders get delayed by 6 weeks just because they have to add a SD card slot and USB serial port.  Sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

...but I wonder why Globalscale has such a hard time keeping them in stock while Tonido doesn't. Also I hear there is no wait on Pogoplug either.
Perhaps because it's a developer kit, while the other two are productions models, with no SD slot (and, IIRC, less memory on the Pogoplug at least)

Magus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 10:33:59 AM »

Probably more of the Dev Kits are being sold than the Pogo and Tonido, so there is a tendency for them to be sold out quicker so there's a longer wait after ordering.

To me, I think it is very marginal time difference on the production time between producing  any of the units.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: