• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Author Topic: Received yours yet?  (Read 31839 times)
moshiach
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 01:59:33 PM »

Just don't do what I did and break it before the first boot Smiley

It's a great little platform.  I'm really impressed by the low power usage vs high utility of it.  It's not going to replace desktops, but it sure makes our wired homes a little easier.

cslee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

exdec,
  Please post more howto on your adventures. I've put misterhouse on nslu2 and I'm trying to do the same for s-plug.

kryptos1227

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 08:19:46 AM »

Got mine yesterday....some of the best packaging for an "SDK" I have ever seen!  Looking forward to playing around with it today.

jdonth

Azle, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 08:25:24 AM »

exdec,
  Please post more howto on your adventures. I've put misterhouse on nslu2 and I'm trying to do the same for s-plug.

I'd be interested in knowing more details on what you have done, too.

Joe

...I've always depended on the kindness of strangers

plugit
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »

Did you guys get tracking info, or did it just show? Cheers.

kryptos1227

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:39:02 AM »

Did you guys get tracking info, or did it just show? Cheers.

I got a tracking number for FedEx

plugit
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »

Ah, OK, thanks. I must still have a wait, then.

jdkullmann

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »

Received mine today - I live in NYC

jdonth

Azle, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 07:29:21 AM »

I placed my order on March 5th.
Received the plug on April 6th.
Delivery to Texas, USA

...I've always depended on the kindness of strangers

desnotes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 01:11:53 PM »

I'm in Texas and received mine yesterday. I connected up the network port to my router and was able to log in using ssh (pwd nosoup4u). It connected up to my home network using dhcp without any problems.

It identifies itself as running debian 5.0 (lenny) not Ubuntu. But that's fine. I havent had to use the usb console yet.

I tried plugging an SD card into the slot and a USB stick into the usb port. Both were recognized but had to be mounted manually.

The time was off, but was easily set. I will set up ntp later.

By adding a couple of directories I was able to get apt-get to work, so I updated the archives and then installed lighttpd and got a web server running.

Next step is to get samba up and also install php under the web server so I can experiemnt with controlling the plug via the net.

So far, I'm quite impressed. Its a blank canvas at the moment but it has great potential. Having 512MB of flash and 512MB of RAM and a fast ARM CPU seems enough for many things. I've used much smaller and slower systems in the past. I'd like to see more USB ports, and I'll probably try adding SDIO Wifi at some point. Perhaps do some hardware hacking - adding an alternate daughter card with interesting devices.

I have a mini itx linux home server that does lots of useful things for me and my family, plus a nslu2 that provides some services. I'm going to see what I can migrate to the plug, and try to control everything from php so its easy for anyone to use.

Congrats to Globalscale tech and Marvell for an interesting device that is quite stable and useable in its first incarnation. I know that's not easy to achieve!

There was another post stating that running lighttpd was pegging the CPU. Were you seeing this at all? I'm thinking of a project for collecting incoming data from a USB sensor and then displaying the data on lighttpd as my trial application for the Sheeva.

plugit
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »

Yay! I have have a tracking number. Never did end up getting one by email, but I just called and they kindly shared the information with me. Should be here Wednesday. Smiley

pauldy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 02:58:06 PM »

Ordered Feb 25th and received today.  Packaging wasn't like any other dev kit for any other embedded development I've ever worked with, Nice.  I called and they said they would send me a tracking number via e-mail verified my e-mail address and never sent one.  Oh well, the device is here and aside from the rubber feet being installed upside down everything seems perfect.

freebsdfan@hotmail.com
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »

Ordered 3/3 received today (4/15).  Got a tracking # email the same day as the box.  Plugged in, logged in, 8 bad flash blocks.
Skip

dattaway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »

I would pay more....  Maybe they should have sold these first batches on ebay.  Auction off the most they can make a week at a time until they get their suppliers worked out.  That way supply and demand will be exactly equal.

karurosu
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 09:04:55 PM »

I am still waiting for mine to arrive, has anybody received it and ordered after april 1st?

Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Jump to: