• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Received yours yet?  (Read 31683 times)
bji

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2009, 12:19:31 AM »

I'm disappointed to learn through this forum that there are fulfillment delays for this product.  I had checked Globalscale's web site maybe a month ago and there was a note that said that they were filling back orders.  I checked again last week and there was no such message on their site and so I assumed that my order would be processed quickly.  At no time did the checkout process mention anything about a delay in fulfillment of the order.

I haven't received the unit yet (it's been 3 or 4 days now since the order) and the comments on this forum lead me to believe that I won't be receiving it for an indefinite time period.  I don't really think that offering a product without any indication that it has a large delay in fulfillment is very honest.  If I don't receive the device next week, I guess I'll cancel my order and try again in a few months ... or maybe just forget the whole thing.

I was excited about the device as I have a specific product idea that I had ordered it for, with the idea of working on developing my idea.  It will be disappointing if this doesn't work out.

I have no problem with a company having backordered products but I don't think it's very honest to have an ordering process that makes it appear that there will be no delay in shipment under these circumstances.

debio

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2009, 12:37:44 AM »

The comments on this forum aren't relevant to you because we ordered while a backorder notice was in place and you didn't. If they deliberately removed it, they must think that the massive delays they experienced before are coming to a close. I highly doubt that they would remove the backorder notice and still have a massive delay.
Have you emailed their sales department to see when they expect it to ship? I would expect that it may take a week or two, but I doubt you'll experience the month or two month delays that we saw.

bji

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2009, 01:56:43 AM »

The comments on this forum aren't relevant to you because we ordered while a backorder notice was in place and you didn't. If they deliberately removed it, they must think that the massive delays they experienced before are coming to a close. I highly doubt that they would remove the backorder notice and still have a massive delay.
Have you emailed their sales department to see when they expect it to ship? I would expect that it may take a week or two, but I doubt you'll experience the month or two month delays that we saw.

Thanks for your response.  No, I haven't emailed their sales department yet because I'm treating it like I would treat any other ordering process: I expect it to be fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time (less than 5 business days) without any intervention on my part.  I will write to them sometime late next week if I haven't received my device by then.

I hope you are correct and that the removal of their backorder notice means that the long wait times for previous orders aren't relevant in my case.  I am excited about this device and I do hope that everything goes smoothly with my order.  Thanks again for your response, I think you have at least confirmed that my expectations were not out of line given the information given during the order process.

iBooks

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:54 AM »

I ordered mine on May 22nd, it was shipped July 15th, and got it July 17th.

smartboyathome

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »

Ordered mine on May 25th, shipped July 14th, arrived July 17th. Smiley

joosty

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2009, 01:40:53 PM »

Ordered may 26th, shipped july 17th, arrived july 20th. Worth the wait!

mail4asim

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2009, 08:40:47 AM »

Ordered  May 25,  called twice to get the status. It was finally shipped on July 15, received on July 17.

PS: If you ever call them, just press 0 for the operator and she can check on your order status. Make sure you have your order number, which is listed on their site under your profile.

bji

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2009, 03:05:13 PM »

I submitted a question about my order using  the Globalscale Technologies web form yesterday but received no response.

On mail4asim's advice I called them today and immediately pushed 0.  I got the operator who was nice but gave me the bad news that Globalscale is still in backordered mode and won't fulfill my order for 2 - 3 more weeks.  I feel that this is deceptive given the fact that their web site never mentioned any such issue nor was this information given to me during the ordering process.  The operator said that they took their backorder notice off of their web site at Marvell's request.  I'm suspecting that Marvell doesn't want to lose orders due to their inability to provide the components for the Sheevaplug, but I think this is kind of ridiculous - if they aren't going to be able to meet demand, they should make this clear so that people like me don't waste their time.

I was polite with the operator and she said that they are talking bi-weekly with Marvell and letting them know that there are many people who are placing orders and experiencing this backlog.  I asked her if there was someone at Marvell that I could write to to express my displeasure but she said that I should just submit a complaint to their sales team who will pass it on to Marvell.

Marvell is right across the street (expressway, really) from where I work and when I bicycle to work I go right through their campus.  They have a big sign on their building advertising plugcompter.org.  I wonder if I should stop by and let them know how I feel.  Probably not, I'll just end up talking to some receptionist who won't know or care what I'm talking about ...

By the way, I cancelled my order.  I guess some other "lucky" person will get their Sheevaplug in 2 weeks and 6 days now instead of 3 weeks now that I'm not in the queue anymore.

mail4asim

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2009, 06:20:21 PM »

BJI,
    You should call  / visit Marvell and complain. I am sure they are aware of the situation, but it also helps to be reminded that there is a demand out there and it needs to be met. Let me know what you find, and we can start a new thread in the forums. You know never know.. we could get others in this group to call them and complain.

Asim

OmahaVike

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »

ordered mine on May 26th, received on July 21st (Iowa).  8 total weeks.  worth every single minute, though.  i emailed them on the sixth, and received a very nice, and seemingly personalized, email explaining the backorder, the expected fulfillment date, and a promise that i would be in the first batch sent out.  apparently from other comments around here, that was the truth.  for that, i'm impressed.

as far as i'm concerned, i really can't complain too much.  the product was splattered all over the most visible techie news sites within a matter of days, so i'm sure the demand was overwhelming.

yeah, the wait was painful but i'm simply thrilled to have one.

mgillespie

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2009, 04:53:35 AM »

Ordered mine 5th June, was told June 29, but this fell through, and now they are telling me July 13-17

Globalscale are a shambles (a quick search on these forums will reveal the extent of peoples problems with them), it's good to see alternative suppliers appearing, as bad companies don't deserve to survive in todays climate, and people will switch elsewhere as soon as there is an alternative.

Now been told July 27th as my ship date.

Seems the 4 week leadtime has stretched into a 7 week leadtime..

ianjb

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »

Ordered 6/8/2009 6:22:15 AM
Shipped via FedEx Ground Service|12.94|0.00 on 7/28/2009 10:16:25 AM Tracking Number: Pending From FedEx ShipManager

Firetrap9254

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »

Ordered 6/8/2009 6:22:15 AM
Shipped via FedEx Ground Service|12.94|0.00 on 7/28/2009 10:16:25 AM Tracking Number: Pending From FedEx ShipManager

I wouldn't trust the account page alone. Mine says Shipped via FedEx International Priority|35.95|0.00 on 7/13/2009 9:05:28 PM Tracking Number: Pending From FedEx ShipManager - I emailed them to ask what had happened to it and got the generic response email, except it said mine would ship in August.
Were people who successfully received a Plug given tracking numbers on the account page or by email?

mail4asim

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2009, 01:36:26 PM »

No I didn't receive a tracking number either, instead mine also said the same thing about shipping manager. They use fedex ground for shipping which shouldn't be hard to provide a tracking number for.

ianjb

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »

I wouldn't trust the account page alone.
I was planning on updating the post when it arrived.

Edit - I just got the tracking number by email.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:08:02 PM by ianjb » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to: