• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Received yours yet?  (Read 33326 times)
JiriH

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »

Ordered 4pcs with Fedex shipment to Central Europe today 9.7.2009. Hopefuly will be delivered in August  Cool

Rabeeh Khoury
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 02:56:47 AM »

debio - i don't know where you get the information but the plug is based on Marvell Kirkwood chip, but has lots of other parts inside.

Can you please explain how did you get to the conclusion that Marvell is to blame on the plugs' shortage?

ruivilela

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 06:07:17 AM »

Well. I ordered it today to send to Portugal. It will have Linux Gentoo installed.

There are now some "pictures frames" that are in fact also USB LCD Monitor that requires no power outlet.  Looking forward to test on it. Can be usefull as monitor station.

ianjb

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:53 AM »

There are now some "pictures frames" that are in fact also USB LCD Monitor that requires no power outlet.  Looking forward to test on it. Can be usefull as monitor station.

Sounds interesting. Can you post a link?
Thanks.

joosty

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »

OMG! It's on its way! Ordered may 26th, shipped july 14th.

debio

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2009, 09:56:06 AM »

debio - i don't know where you get the information but the plug is based on Marvell Kirkwood chip, but has lots of other parts inside.

Can you please explain how did you get to the conclusion that Marvell is to blame on the plugs' shortage?

When I emailed and asked for a rough estimate of when my plug would ship, I was told that the date was pretty much entirely dependent on the arrival of Marvell's next lot shipment of hardware. Marvell is at least making the processor, and their exact specs for the other hardware and the fact that another supplier is picking up the Sheevaplug with the same components makes me reasonably certain that pretty much all the electronic components are made by Marvell.
As to whether Marvell is to blame, I doubt they expected advanced computer users to jump on the Sheevaplug bandwagon, and that problem is further compounded by the fact that this is a new CPU design, and as these forums can show, the number of plugs that were dead on arrival or died soon after is fairly high.

mgillespie

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »

Ordered 10 days after you, no sign of anything yet.   Did they email you shipping confirmation?   I can't even get a email response from them...

debio

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »

Yes, they send you shipping confirmation when your order ships.
I sent an email to Globalscale Sales immediately after I placed my order (June 13) and got a rough estimate that my order would ship in the next few days (shortly after July 14). That estimate may be too optimistic though.
(it hasn't shipped yet)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:04:39 AM by debio » Logged

Firetrap9254

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »

Ordered 10 days after you, no sign of anything yet.   Did they email you shipping confirmation?   I can't even get a email response from them...

I ordered 19/5 and although I haven't received an email yet the account page tells me that it has shipped. Try emailing them from a different address - they ignored several of my emails.

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »

yet the account page tells me that it has shipped.
I didn't even realize there was an account page! Dark Blue on darkish grey doesn't show up well.
Mine is marked as not shipped yet.  Ordered 26 June.

mgillespie

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »

Try emailing them from a different address - they ignored several of my emails.

What a fantastic Customer Service ethos...

dattaway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »

My account page says "Not Yet Shipped" but received it months ago!  LOL!  But the wait was well worth it.  This has become so useful as a server, I need another few to play with.

joosty

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »

No email, I check the account page regularly and it now says that it shipped on July 14th. No FedEx tracking number yet (still pending...)

Joost

pc2000

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2009, 05:52:42 AM »

Got mine today! Ordered 17 May, received 17 July.

blindpigsaloon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »

I ordered mine around June 6th.  I didn't realize you could check on shipment status until I checked this forum (yesterday) Just prior I sent an email to Globalscale and got this reply today (I kinda wasn't expecting one, not this soon at least).  So, two month delay (I hope).  I'm glad they responded.  Yeah, it might get pushed out another couple of weeks, but I've been in this situation before where there is no reply.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  Btw, does anybody have a guess as to number of units shipped to date?

Dear Mr. ...,

Thank you for your order.
Although our production is ongoing daily,
However due to the drastic demand of Marvell parts,
Currently we are fulfilling all back orders for now.
We expect to receive next lot production in by July 24, 2009.
As soon as the shipment arrives your order will be ship out immediately by our fulfillment center.
If you need the units prior to the estimate date, please email your request and full refund will be process immediately.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to: