• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Received yours yet?  (Read 34686 times)
DozenCrows

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 04:50:00 AM »

Got mine too; ordered May 3rd, delivered to UK address June 5th.

A little earlier than expected, so I'm stuck until the USB hdd I ordered arrives. However, got it all connected up and running as far as it goes!

tschaboo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2009, 03:34:02 AM »

Got mine on friday (ordered april 28th). Since friday i spend every free minute with my sheeva  Smiley . I compiled the current orion-kernel, made a network-install of ubuntu, switched over from jffs2 to ubifs (that really paid off, it's sooo much faster) and installed a new u-boot. wasn't all too easy, but now everything is running like i want it  Grin

SuperRoach

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »

Got mine on friday! Smiley
http://twitpic.com/6qdi4

Smaller than I thought too, and so well put together. I'm struggling a fair bit due to my basic skills for linux, although picking it up quickly. Already got apache and php5 on there, good enough to start putting some files on there (once I figure out the best way between rsync and ftp for it!)

Q_Continuum

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2009, 07:22:56 AM »

I *just* ordered mine today.  (6/19/2009 6:59:38 AM)  So we'll see when it shows up.

(I'll edit and update this post when I do get it, for the benefit of those following)

EDIT: 2009.07.30, 2:51AM CST - Logged in, still no update.  (Status 'Not Yet Shipped')

One other user who ordered theirs same day as me just had theirs ship two days ago now so hopefully shortly here I'll get a tracking number...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:52:07 AM by Q_Continuum » Logged

Reedy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2009, 04:44:15 PM »

Ordered mine (2) 4th May, arrived on the 18th of June

vaflen

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »

I ordered my dual plugs on May 12th and received them this Thursday June 18th. Smiley I am excited to start messing around with them.

bobnielsen

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »

Ordered mine on May 12, received on June 17, up and running on June 18.  Nice  Smiley

pc2000

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

Ordered mine 17 May, not yet shipped.  I sent an email today, and got a generic sounding response about 4 weeks delivery (uhh..). Apparently the next batch is expected 10 July.

laternerdz

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2009, 11:03:20 AM »

Ordered mine 17 May, not yet shipped.  I sent an email today, and got a generic sounding response about 4 weeks delivery (uhh..). Apparently the next batch is expected 10 July.

Dang that is a bummer. I ordered mine a couple days ago. Looking forward to the usual- BitTorrent, Samba, LAMP. I also want to do some auto transfer stuff. I think it would be nice if when my Dad puts photos on his HDD at his place they automatically get sent to mine too.

Firetrap9254

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 03:05:01 AM »

Which email address did you contact them via? I can't seem to get a response from them, using either their web form or sales@globalscaletechnologies.com !

pc2000

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2009, 03:12:03 AM »

I used sales@globalscaletechnologies.com

debio

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2009, 01:39:41 PM »

Ordered June 13, and I'm told that the shortage is supposed to end on July 9, but the next lot will arrive on July 13? I'm not sure what they mean there, but hopefully they'll start coming soon.

bobnielsen

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »

They send you an email when it ships.

mgillespie

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »

Ordered mine 5th June, was told June 29, but this fell through, and now they are telling me July 13-17

Globalscale are a shambles (a quick search on these forums will reveal the extent of peoples problems with them), it's good to see alternative suppliers appearing, as bad companies don't deserve to survive in todays climate, and people will switch elsewhere as soon as there is an alternative.

debio

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »

Okay, then people on these forums are unclear on the concept.
GlobalScale is shipping hardware that's supplied by Marvell. They aren't shipping late because they're poorly run or because they hate customers, they're shipping late because Marvell hasn't supplied them with any parts. Any new suppliers will suffer from the same problems until Marvell manages to increase production of the hardware.
Globalscale isn't changing the date because they don't like you; they're changing the date because they don't have anything to ship you. They rely on Marvell's estimates for production dates, and apparantly those estimates haven't been working well. Demand for the Sheevaplug was far above expectations, and they're trying to keep up.

Now, their customer service may not be coping well with this, but you can't blame them for hardware shortages. Their website states quite clearly that they're filling backorders, and when that's the case, you can expect a long wait.

EDIT:
Also, a quick search of the forums reveals a number of people that received prompt service and replacements for dead Sheevaplugs and one person who said they were slow but didn't need or get a replacement.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:43:46 PM by debio » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to: