• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's arriving tomorrow (I hope), so ... what now?  (Read 1323 times)
bud

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:52:06 PM »

Hi pluggers,

About a month ago I came across some articles about the Sheeva Plug Dev Kit and instantly fell in love with it. Why? I really don't know, yet. On September 25th after I registered and read some threads on this board I ordered the kit at GlobalScale Technologies. I've just checked my FedEx tracking number and it should be arriving tomorrow Grin ... I hope.

And now the excitement and nerves kick in. What to do when it arrives? Yeah sure. Just rip it out of the box and put it right into an outlet. Plugin the ethernet cable and see if you can connect to the plug. But I think I'll stick to the manual this time. I have a fair amount of Linux (server and desktop) experience (12+ years) but I am totally new to the concept of plugcomputing (like using uBoot etc.).

Yes, I will RTFM (only this time) and I googled around, but can you also recommend me some 'absolutely definite reads', besides this nice forum? I'm interested in a 'full' services Ubuntu-based plugserver with a patched or cross compiled kernel (should stability or performance demand it) for home and educational use.

Thanks. Looking forward to learn and share.

Bud
--
Awaiting plug arrival ...

Reedy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »

http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/New_Plugger_How_To is a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: