• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need kernel headers for 2.6.30.2 [SOLVED]  (Read 3933 times)
nephilim1973

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2009, 05:55:43 AM »

Hi folks...

Unfortunately, no kernel headers are located in
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/index.php?dir=2.6.30.2%2F

But they are in 2.6.30.5 and 2.6.30.6

Could you please upload a kernel-package for 2.6.30.2 ?
In am in great haste !

Best regards
Nephilim
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:09:51 AM by nephilim1973 » Logged

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »

I'd recommend upgrading to 2.6.30.6 and using those headers.

nephilim1973

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »

Thats, what I have done at least... ;-)

Thanx and close.

Manic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 11:01:37 AM »

sorry for re-opening the thread, but could someone explain to me how to install the headers from sheeva.with-linux?

I also updated to the 2.6.30.6 in order to have the ability to make some drivers I need, but I cant figure out how to install the headers from the tar.gz files from the site. When I extract them I get a usr directory with many subdirectories.
Do I need to copy the directory somewhere? forgive my ignorance but the only ways Ive done headers is by installing them through apt-get or by .deb files.

Thanks in advance

DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »

Hi,

If the subdirectories feature "include" then you should probably just while in / thus making or at least filling out /usr/include and friends...

Rgds

Damon

Manic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »

sorry mate I cant say I understood much :/

Manic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »

btw, just to clarify: do the kernels from sheeva.with-linux have the source in them?

snake

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »

sorry for re-opening the thread, but could someone explain to me how to install the headers from sheeva.with-linux?

I also updated to the 2.6.30.6 in order to have the ability to make some drivers I need, but I cant figure out how to install the headers from the tar.gz files from the site. When I extract them I get a usr directory with many subdirectories.
Do I need to copy the directory somewhere? forgive my ignorance but the only ways Ive done headers is by installing them through apt-get or by .deb files.

Thanks in advance

Hello Manic, I am also having the same problem... have you already managed to figure out how to install these headers so that we could "make" drivers from sources? Could you kindly share this knowledge?

I tried crazy ideas like replacing the link of "/lib/modules/2.6.30-rc6/build" that is pointing to "/home/kelly/src/Sheevaplug_LSP/Sources/linux-2.6.30-rc6-work" (which is actually a dead link) to "/usr/include/linux" after decompressing the tar.gz header files to "/' directory... but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Manic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »

sorry mate Ive dropped this approach and compiled my own kernel with the drivers I needed built in (amongst other things).

plugcomp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »

I would suggest that you take the headers of the new device and add a patch in the ~/drivers folder of the sources you are planning to compile. In most cases you can copy the same syntax used by the vendor for their range of products as is in the xxx_driver.c file.

Below is a case where the following patch was added to the ViMicro device with vendor id - 0x0ac8 and product id - 0x3343 in the ~linux-2.6.3x/drivers/mdia/video/uvc/uvc_driver.c.

/* ViMicro Sirius */

{ .match_flags          = USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_VENDOR

| USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_INT_INFO,

.idVendor       = 0x0ac8,

.idProduct            = 0x3343,

.bInterfaceClass      = USB_CLASS_VIDEO,

.bInterfaceSubClass   = 1,

.bInterfaceProtocol   = 0,

.driver_info          = UVC_QUIRK_FIX_BANDWIDTH },

Once the driver file is edited you can then compile the sources to build the kernel.

Please do provide your comments if you find this useful or find a probable issue.

Thanks.

oktus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 06:01:23 PM »

Hello everybody.
I have problem with dpkg-buildpackage and linux-headers. I used sheevalplug installer with standard kernel 2.6.30.2 (also tried 2.6.30.6) with both ubuntu and debian. Everything works fine until I try to install ndas (code.ximeta.com). After untar the package I call
Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
and get
Code:
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: linux-headers
because there are no linux-headers in repos for these kernels I downloaded sources from kernel.org, created symlinks in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build and source,
also added symlink in /usr/src/linux, but error remains the same. I also configured, and even compiled these kernels, but there's no change. It seems that dpk-buildpackage doesn't see linux-headers :/ Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

//-----

I found solution to make my own deb package from source I compiled kernel using make-kpkg linux-headers. Now I have some problems with module-assistant though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:10:12 PM by oktus » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: