• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: libxml and libxml2  (Read 1421 times)
vkashesh

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:50:45 AM »

Hi,
I am trying to install ivman or halevt so I can automatically mount a USB drive on my plug.  I recently ran installer-6 so I should have the latest.

When I run ./configure, I get the following error message:
checking for LIBXML... configure: error: No LibXML library found, check config.log for failed attempts

I already installed libxml2 (apt-get install libxml2-dev) and I am hoping to figure out (with your help) how I can do one of these two things:

1. Find libxml and install it - I haven't been successful at finding the package online, I keep finding libxml2
2. or change some configuration file to recognize libxml2 when running the ./configure

Thanks in advance

restamp
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

On the intel side:  apt-get install libxml1
libxml1: /usr/lib/libxml.so.0
libxml1: /usr/lib/libxml.so.1
libxml1: /usr/lib/libxml.so.1.8.17
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be supported under the ARM architecture.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:19:43 AM by restamp » Logged

vkashesh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

Thanks!

I tried apt-get install libxml1 but I got an error saying "E: Couldn't find package libxml1"

I would like to get USB stick to automount and it looks like I need one of the packages I mentioned earlier (ivman, halevt).  Any suggestions how I should proceed from here on?

Thanks again!

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »

you can use udev or udev+autofs to mount it. Second one has the nice advantage that it will unmount the stick when not in use.

vkashesh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »

you can use udev or udev+autofs to mount it. Second one has the nice advantage that it will unmount the stick when not in use.
I tried this option, and I found a website that explains how to do so http://www.debian-administration.org/article/Automounting_card_readers_and_USB_keys_using_autofs
I am able to install (apt-get install autofs) successfully, but when I try run /etc/init.d/autofs restart
I get the following error message:
Stopping automounter: done.
Starting automounter: loading autofs4 kernel module,FATAL: Module autofs4 not found.
 done.

Can anyone help with getting this fixed?
Thanks

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: