• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sheeva as a smal business/home server  (Read 12776 times)
uncle john

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 01:25:51 PM »

Oh, I thought you meant transparent as in transparent not transparent as in intercepted (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server#Transparent_and_non-transparent_proxy_server).
I'm having trouble with a feature in CoovaAP (http://www.coova.org/node/3619. Some people call this a dynamically injected toolbar. Meraki have one and it is real stable. I wonder how they do it?
Thanks for your comments.

LrdShaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 04:05:11 AM »

Oh. I thought you needed two network interfaces and a bridge configuration to set up a transparent proxy. Could you please point me to a HOWTO that will show me how to do it with one interface?

My WRT350Nv1.0 router is running OpenWRT and I redirect all http traffic to my Sheevaplug using iptables which is how I managed to run a transparent proxy

mira8098

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »

I'm slowly moving the services and apps I have on my XBOX and NSLU2 to the SheevaPlug. I have successfully moved:
1) Subversion
2) Cross-compilation envs for PSP, ReadyNAS Sparc devices and DD-WRT
3) Rtorrent
4) Cups-PDF for PDF printing over the network straight to a user's samba share
5) Squid as transparent proxy to provide local web cache chained to Privoxy for ad and banner filtering

Still on the list are:
1) Compiling linux drivers for Brother MFC-440CN so I can use the Scan feature and have it save the image to a samba share on the SheevaPlug
2) Tor + Privoxy for online anonymity
3) Email server
4) Nagios
5) RSSDler
6) Asterisk + PAP2T + SPA3102
7) SSH Server for accessing my entire home network from anywhere via tunnels (still thinking if this should stay on my NSLU2 for now)

As for media streaming, itunes server this is already being done by my ReadyNAS NV+ and it will stay there. Automated backups are also working well on the ReadyNAS (WOL the computer, mount the folder to backup, rsync the contents, shutdown the computer. It will do these for each computer at home)

After I've moved all the services, the XBOX will go to our bedroom after installing XBMC.

did you finally manage to make asterisk work

mira8098

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 11:45:09 PM »

I'm slowly moving the services and apps I have on my XBOX and NSLU2 to the SheevaPlug. I have successfully moved:
1) Subversion
2) Cross-compilation envs for PSP, ReadyNAS Sparc devices and DD-WRT
3) Rtorrent
4) Cups-PDF for PDF printing over the network straight to a user's samba share
5) Squid as transparent proxy to provide local web cache chained to Privoxy for ad and banner filtering

Still on the list are:
1) Compiling linux drivers for Brother MFC-440CN so I can use the Scan feature and have it save the image to a samba share on the SheevaPlug
2) Tor + Privoxy for online anonymity
3) Email server
4) Nagios
5) RSSDler
6) Asterisk + PAP2T + SPA3102
7) SSH Server for accessing my entire home network from anywhere via tunnels (still thinking if this should stay on my NSLU2 for now)

As for media streaming, itunes server this is already being done by my ReadyNAS NV+ and it will stay there. Automated backups are also working well on the ReadyNAS (WOL the computer, mount the folder to backup, rsync the contents, shutdown the computer. It will do these for each computer at home)

After I've moved all the services, the XBOX will go to our bedroom after installing XBMC.

did you manage to make the asterisk work in your environment??

LrdShaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 04:17:20 AM »

did you manage to make the asterisk work in your environment??

Yes, I used the version in the Debian repository though and did not compile from source. I have the Sheevaplug here in Malaysia together with the PAP2T, the SPA3102 is in the Philippines

mira8098

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »

thank you for your help i will try to set up the device as you said if i have any problems i will post it

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: