• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uboot won't boot from usb when multiple devices are connected  (Read 1573 times)
paulf

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:33:55 PM »

I have my plug hooked up to a usb hub. The usb hub has a pen drive with debian attached to it as well as several other devices. If I leave only the pen drive connected it boots fine, otherwise it fails to boot.

I'm a noob at uboot and will gladly provide any information you ask for, I just don't know what I should be providing...

Thanks,
Paul

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »

Total guess - with multiple devices added the device id of the USB drive is different to when it's on its own?

restamp
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

I think it is highly dependent on the hub and the devices.  I've never been able to get my Plug to boot through my external USB hub, although Linux has no problem accessing either one or multiple devices attached to it.

If you have a hub that the Uboot can handle (i.e., can boot reliably from USB with one device connected through it), it has been reported that reordering the devices on the hub sometimes achieves success.  Others have just given up and unplug the other devices to boot, and replug them afterwards.  YMMV.

Good luck.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: