I am looking for some information on how to set up a fully-featured development environment for the Sheeva on an x86-based Debian and/or RedHat i386 host. I would like to be able to perform the following tasks from the development system:
1) Compile the kernel from the cross-compiler / development environment (covered already in http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Compiling_Linux_Kernel_for_the_Plug_Computer
2) Create an appropriate minimal root filesystem for Ubuntu and/or Fedora (from their installers?)
3) Use the OS-native package manger to install software on top of the minimal root FS (using chroot?)
4) Use the cross-compiler to build arbitrary source code for the Sheeva
5) Strip unnecessary files from the resulting root file system
Has anyone accomplished the majority of these? Care to share?