• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Onboard USB (Molex PicoBlade 4-pin connector at J2)  (Read 1717 times)
spacewrench

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:40:54 PM »

Has anybody been able to get the extra USB(?) connector at GuruPlug J2 working?  There's a 4-pin Molex PicoBlade connector on the back PCB of the GuruPlug (the board with the RTC battery and withOUT the heatsink, Ethernet and (regular) USB connectors on it).  From the schematics, it looks like this connector is an extra USB port: it has 5V and GND, DP+ and DP-.

I made up a little wiring harness and connected it to a USB flash disk, and tried to talk to the disk from the u-boot bootloader.  With DP+/DP- connected, "usb start" causes the flash disk LED to blink a couple of times, and it sees 3 USB devices, but it can't get any farther than that -- I get:

Marvell>> usb start                                                             
(Re)start USB...                                                               
USB:   Register 10011 NbrPorts 1                                               
USB EHCI 1.00                                                                   
scanning bus for devices... EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008c80             
3 USB Device(s) found                                                           
       scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found           

I'm trying to build a GuruPlug-based version of a Seagate Dockstar.  I have a 3D-printed case that fits the GuruPlug board and a small switching power supply, and there's a cradle to fit a Seagate Passport disk drive.  I would like to use the onboard J2 USB connector to connect to the cradle, leaving two normal USB ports free to connect to printers or whatever.

* GuruDock-1.png (255.84 KB, 1000x1200 - viewed 440 times.)

* GuruDock-2.png (203.08 KB, 1000x1200 - viewed 429 times.)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: