• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: D2 SD Slot is is sdb or ubb ? and cant get uImage.d2plug_v05 to 'work'  (Read 1768 times)
pwhalley

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »

I have been following the Software User Guide and trying to get the D2 to boot from the SD 'slot'. I have had quite a bit of trouble until I discovered that the SD slot is now found at /dev/ubb !!!
Once I figured that out I was able to get This

Code:
set bootargs 'console=ttyS0,115200
video=dovefb:lcd0:1920x1080-16@60,lcd1:1024x768-16@60-edid clcd.lcd0_enable=1
clcd.lcd1_enable=1 usb0Mode=host root=/dev/ubb2 rootwait'
to work.  When I had ....root=/dev/sdb2 the boot process would hang.

Maybe I don't have the big picture, but shouldn't this kind of info be reflected in the Software User Guide?

On to uImage.d2plug_v05. I copied the file onto ubb1 and tried this
Code:
set bootcmd 'usb start; fatload usb 1:1 0x2000000 uImage.d2plug_v05; bootm 0x2000000'
but I get an error . Dont recall exact text (sorry).  Should I be able to just copy the file into ubb1 and use the line as I have? Is there more to it?

Thanks again,

Peter

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »

I think ,the doc mention usb boot is plug a usb flash-disk at usb port not plug-in SD card at on board card reader

I not try this combination before.

Do you want to modify kernel(uImage) or some reason need to put on sd-card

as I know ,you could leave the kernel at eMMC(D2 default kernel place) and rootfs at usb,sd card...

if you could accept kernel , rootfs at different storage

yopu could give a try , just need modify bootargs as below your mootcmdention way to do , the bootcmd realte kernel booting loaction , you could used default D2 bootcmd

pwhalley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »

Do you want to modify kernel(uImage) or some reason need to put on sd-card

I don't have any compelling reason. I wanted to leave the D2 internal memory as close to stock as possible 'till I am more comfortable with it - to avoid bricks and such. The other reason was general principles.  Start with and keep the system up to date.

I will set this aside'till further along in dev cycle.

Thanks for your input.

Peter

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: