• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Instrument's LAUCHPAD - Wow --> $4.30 including shipping  (Read 2389 times)
bigbear59

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

If you also do ARDUINO, this may be of interest to you:
I went to the Maker Faire today and saw this board from Texas Instruments, you can't beat the price $4.30 including shipping.  Limit of 12  Sad

The LaunchPad is an easy-to-use, affordable, and scalable introduction to the world of microcontrollers and the MSP430 family.
  • Easy-to-use – LaunchPad includes all of the hardware and software needed to get started. Open source projects and code examples help users get up and running quickly.
  • Affordable – For $4.30, the LaunchPad includes a development board, 2 programmable MSP430 microcontrollers, mini-USB cable, PCB connectors for expandability, external crystal for increased clock accuracy, and free & downloadable software integrated development environments (IDEs) – everything you need to get started today.
  • Scalable – The LaunchPad is a simple introduction to the MSP430 microcontroller family. As application requirements change, programs developed on the LaunchPad can be migrated to higher end MSP430 devices.

http://www.ti.com/launchpad

Also those of you that have a Maker Faire near you, I highly recommend going. IE: World Maker Faire New York Sept. 29 & 30, 2012 http://makerfaire.com/newyork/2012/
I spent 5 hours walking around looking at all sorts of neat Geeky stuff. All the stuff that's in MAKE Magazine was there. Saw a lot of competitors to Marvell's boards like Beagleboard & Ninjablocks.  3D printers are the next have. 
Plus lots of SWAG  Shocked

Give me a fish, I eat for a day.  Teach me to fish, I eat for a lifetime.
"Do you have any spades?"

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »

Thanks for the link I ordered one...as you say for the price you can't get wrong.

Shame I will miss the NY Faire....I was there last week-end....can't go back again Sad

PS: what is SWAG?

bigbear59

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »

PS: what is SWAG?

Stuff
We
All
Get
Buttons, pens, brochures…

Give me a fish, I eat for a day.  Teach me to fish, I eat for a lifetime.
"Do you have any spades?"

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 08:06:37 AM »

oh Smiley

thanks

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »

If anyone here is going to the Seattle Mini Maker Faire next week (June 2nd and 3rd) I'll be manning the Tacoma Robotics booth, stop in and say hey. There are several of us that are into these plug computers there. (I spread the bug).. Smiley

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:53:47 AM »

I received mine yesterday...not even a week Smiley

I install the compiler but it doesn't work for the moment. I need to look a bit more into it though.

Next think is: what am I going to do  with that Cheesy

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 05:42:32 PM »

Actually I made it work. I compile a little program to blink the led.

So now only the thing to think about is: what can I do with that ? Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: