I must say that I would be happy if I were able go get the GuruPlug run "not so hot" and easily configure it to function more like a sheevaplug. But at this stage, when I try to search for instructions to do certain things, I find a myriad of solutions. I'm hesitant to try things for fear that I will brick my plug. I was fairly comfortable with the sheevaplug and quite frankly when I ordered the guruplug, I expected it to be much like the sheevaplug, but with the addition of wifi and another ethernet port. For instance, I can't even get it to install "ethtools" - I get:
"E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?"
...but "apt-get update" (etc.) doesn't work.
Anyway, if I could get it to do the following:
- Boot always to "client mode"
- Configure the wifi (client) to use a local secured ssid"
- Be able to install "anything"!
- Make both ethernet ports so that when you plug them in, they activate and secure an ip address and gateway
- Make it run not quite so hot
...I would love it, keep it, and would put it to good use!
Thanks - Geoff Campbell