• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't connect to GuruPlug with JTAG, Putty displays blank screen  (Read 1353 times)
grittyminder

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »

Good day!

I need some advice, anything will do. I can't connect to my GuruPlug using my JTAG. I will try to explain the course of events the best I can below.

- I disable the DHCP server service and set up my GuruPlug as a DHCP client. After restarting, I am unable to connect to the Guru plug via SSH. (Judging from the forums, this appears to be common problem).

- I install the GuruPlug JTAG drivers on a Windows XP client, connect to the GuruPlug with the JTAG, fiddle with some things, and networking is restored (for the moment).

- At a later date I reboot the GuruPlug and again I am unable to connect via SSH. The XP PC is not around so this time I install the GuruPlug JTAG drivers on a Windows 7 client. I connect to the GuruPlug using the JTAG, fiddle with some things, and restore networking again. I _think_ that I did a few tests to check that I would not lose networking after another reboot, but I can't really remember.

- Fast forward to a week or two ago, there is a power outage, and after the lights come back up I cannot SSH into my GuruPlug again. I try to use my JTAG to connect with the same Windows XP cient that I used before, but it doesn't seem to work. Putty just shows a blank screen. I try using the Windows 7 client, but no luck. Again, Putty shows a blank screen.

So now I am at a loss as to what to do. Could the power outage have "wiped out" the JTAG connection thing-y somehow? The JTAG itself is so flimsy, could it be broken? Or maybe a connection is loose? Or maybe the problem is on the Windows client end of things? How can I check where the problem lies? By the way, when I connect the GuruPlug to the network via a network cable I can see that it links up just fine and there even seems to be activity on the interface.

Your advice and ideas please!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: