• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Guruplug misbehaving (reboots spontaneously)  (Read 829 times)
pjsg

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »

I just received my third guruplug (the version with the new wireless chip) and it seems to be behaving oddly. Before I realized that it had different hardware to my other two (original) guruplugs, I reflashed it with a new uboot and a new kernel. It was very tricky to boot the kernel (it kept on resetting when I typed any command and the uboot prompt).

Reflashing it again with the JTAG adapter was also tricky as it would reset during the flashing process.

Anyway, I ended up unplugging it for 24 hours, then plugged it in, got a new kernel flashed and booted it. This kernel stayed up for at least 2 days. Progress. However, I needed a different kernel, one based on linux 3.x to get the new wifi driver.

Getting the uboot prompt and trying to tftp a new kernel -- it just keeps resetting.

I currently have it turned off in the hope that there is something heat sensitive about uboot (?!?!).

ALternatively, the uboot that I have does not play nicely with the new Guruplug hardware. Does anyone know what uboot/kernel is loaded on new Guruplugs? And is this code available anywhere so that I can try that code?

Thanks

Philip

pjsg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

After some more work, I think that it is temperature related. The device still fails if I disconnect the (single) ethernet connection and just use wireless. The CPU is essentially idle.

However, the case doesn't seem to get any warmer than the other two guruplugs that I have.

Any suggestions? Anybody else have the new guruplug (the one which needs the mwifi_ex driver for wireless?)

Philip

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: