• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mono on the plug  (Read 6624 times)
pauldy

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:19:41 AM »

Anyone know the status on this, there appears to be some items compiled for the plug, but there are a lot of dependencies missing.  I would love to just crank out some C# because dealing with xml there makes my life easier.

pauldy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:39:16 AM »

Never mind, mono is available in the ubuntu repository it just wasn't called "mono".

You can find it by installing mono-2.0-runtime and you should get all the dependencies required to run .net apps on your plug.
The only disappointment so far is there doesn't seem to be an assembler in the repo for use with the ahead of time compilation so that adds a bit of overhead to your app.

Kinda of feels weird writing apps for linux, in windows on a mac.

pic.micro23

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

Never mind, mono is available in the ubuntu repository it just wasn't called "mono".

You can find it by installing mono-2.0-runtime and you should get all the dependencies required to run .net apps on your plug.
The only disappointment so far is there doesn't seem to be an assembler in the repo for use with the ahead of time compilation so that adds a bit of overhead to your app.

Kinda of feels weird writing apps for linux, in windows on a mac.

Pauldy - Very good news to me. This is exactly what I was looking for.

** What ubuntu version did you try this?
If you have a page to show how to install that version will be great. I want to create a document/wiki with all the steps needed for a noob like me to setup/deploy .net programs.

** did you do a 'apt-get mono-2.0-runtime' ?

** do you know how difficult will be to compile mono 2.4 for the plug?

Thanks for your help.

profnimrod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »

If anyone is interested I installed Mono 2.6.1 on my TonidoPlug last night - initial tests seem to show it is OK.  Process was very simple:

1. Make sure the following package are already installed: bison, gcc, gettext, pkg-config glib-2.0.  There may be others required.  If the configuration step (4) fails the error message will indicate what package is missing;
2. Use 'wget' to download the mono-2.6.1.tar.gz from the Mono website;
3. Unzip with 'bzip2 -cd mono-2.6.1.tar.gz' | tar xvf -' in a directory of your choosing;
4. 'cd' into the Mono folder that is created, and execute './configure --prefix=/usr';
5. Execute 'make'.  This may take several hours;
6. Execute 'make install'.  All done.  Check version with 'mono -V' to make sure you are up to date.

The test I ran was to access the Amazon SimpleDB service via IronPython.exe running in interactive mode under Mono, so not a trivial test at all.  Worked fine.

Keep on pluggin'
Kurt

thrbigob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 07:41:51 AM »

Think this may some my current gmcs segmentation error however cant work out how to get gcc working >.<

Sorry noobie here.

apt-get install gcc: its at the most recent version

#gcc
command not found

Am i just being stupid or is that not making any sense Cheesy

EDIT:

Found gcc only it was called gcc-4.3 so copied it and renamed it to gcc Cheesy seems to be working now
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:50:33 AM by thrbigob » Logged

uneatable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 05:40:53 AM »

I recently compiled Mono 2.10 successfully on Debian Squeeze according to some sources here in the thread. I flicked together an quite extensive blogentry, probably someone may be interested;

http://semicolon-expected.blogspot.com/2012/04/dreamplug-debian-squeeze-mono-20.html

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: