• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compilation of Qt 4.x  (Read 1236 times)
redfric

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »

I'm trying to compile Qt 4.8 directly on my sheevaplug.
I installed the build-essential with :
sudo apt-get install build-essential

then retrieved the Qt4.8 source from the Qt's website and compiled it with: (I tried to remove all the options I wouldn't need)
./configure -v -embedded arm -prefix /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt4.8arm -opensource -nomake demos -nomake example -nomake tools -nomake docs -nomake translations -no-multimedia -no-audio-backend -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -glib -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-largefile -no-gtkstyle -no-qt3support -no-cups -no-nis -no-freetype -no-gui

but I'm getting an error. It seems that the "arm-linux-g++" has not been installed.

I'm looking for people that managed to compile the Qt source on their Sheevaplug and all the steps you went through to compile it successfully.

Hope to have some replies :-D

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »

I'm trying to compile Qt 4.8 directly on my sheevaplug.
I installed the build-essential with :
sudo apt-get install build-essential

then retrieved the Qt4.8 source from the Qt's website and compiled it with: (I tried to remove all the options I wouldn't need)
./configure -v -embedded arm -prefix /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt4.8arm -opensource -nomake demos -nomake example -nomake tools -nomake docs -nomake translations -no-multimedia -no-audio-backend -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -glib -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-largefile -no-gtkstyle -no-qt3support -no-cups -no-nis -no-freetype -no-gui

but I'm getting an error. It seems that the "arm-linux-g++" has not been installed.

I'm looking for people that managed to compile the Qt source on their Sheevaplug and all the steps you went through to compile it successfully.

Hope to have some replies :-D

try using
C=gcc CXX=g++ ./configure ...

or just "grep arm-linux configure" to see how g++ is getting assigned.

Also qt4 has config files in mkspecs/common.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: