• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Linux-header-2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 source files  (Read 3546 times)
ranrang

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:41 AM »

Hi,

Can anyone assist me on how to get the right Linux-header-2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 source/header files? I tried using the linux-header-2.6.32-219-dove, but that seems to cause problems, as the image is different...

Thanks, Ran

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »

check below link

http://www.plugcomputer.org/downloads/d2plug/index.html

ranrang

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »

I coudn't find it in the download site. Could you be more specific? or can you attach it? It is mandatory to all of us, and compiling anything that require some Linux internals requires it (I am trying to install Asterisk, and Dahdi requires these headers...).

Thanks

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:39:21 AM »

I want to doublw confirm it

do you want to get kernel source right ?

if it true , I believe you could download it from my previous list

BTW I also give you the download page snapshot ,you could reference it

* download.JPG (49.53 KB, 935x616 - viewed 594 times.)

ranrang

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »

I saw it. This file does not contain "linux-header-2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2" which is required for compilation, (following the image, see uame -r). In Sheevaplug, for example, you could find the kirkwood files (e.g., debian's files were "linux-headers-2.6.32-5-kirkwood"). We need the dove files. They are NOT in d2plug_lsp_src_v0p4.tar.bz2.

Or am I missing something?

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:06:16 PM »

I have check this source again , it is linux 2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2

this is kernel source , so it should contain all header file

so, maybe I miss something , could you point out which header file you need not include at kernel source

ranrang

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:13 AM »

True. This is the right version. However, you have to build the kernetl-tree that can be used by other pakages. I am trying to install DAHDI, for example (http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux/releases/dahdi-linux-2.6.0.tar.gz), and it requires this tree. I never built it from the kernel source, and usually, what I've done before is get-apt install linux-headers-$[uname -r].

Going into the kernel and trying to build the header files (by make header_install) creates a directory which is not compatible with what DAHDI requires.

BTW, in /usr/src/ you can find some linux-headers that are not for this image (I managed to get the 2.6.32-219-dove, the -204-dove, but none are working correctly). In lib/modules you will find the right tree, i.e., /2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2, but it again seems to miss some files, e.g., .build, that is required by DAHDI.

I hope this detailed (and long) message explains... and sorry for the length.

ranrang

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:38 PM »

I compiled d2plug_lsp_src_v0p4.tar.bz2 from http://www.plugcomputer.org/downloads/d2plug/index.html and a) the reslted uImage is different than the one in http://www.plugcomputer.org/downloads/d2plug/index.html, and b) even using make install_headers - you don't get the required headers.

In the /usr/src/ directory you can find linux-headers of other versions than the kernel. These other linux-headers are also in d2plug-rootfs-20110903.tar.gz.

In /lib/module there is a directory that is partially right, /lib/modules/2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2.

Can anyone help me with creating a proper linux-header-2.6.32.9-dove-5..4.2?

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »

sorry , I still has some confuse

if you used your build kernel form doownload page source at D2Plug , so your concern ,uImage binary and header isn't match was gone right

BTW if you want to make headers , I have see the make file from source , you could do below

make ARCH=arm headers_install INSTALL_HDR_PATH=< your header path>

ranrang

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 08:39:20 AM »

I'll clarify:

I used the source from d2plug.

I then compiled it.

The resulted uImage is different (in size and content) from the uImage in that you can download from the d2plug site.

I also used the "make header_install" as we both wrote, but the resulted files are NOT in the same format required by packageds that require the linux-headers. The required linux-headers are like the ones you have, for example, in /usr/src/linux-header-2.9.32-204-dove in the d2plug.
In kirkwood (the old sheevaplug) you could find the linux-headers by "apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.32-5-kirkwood"...

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »

Sorry , I still has some confuse

I think your mean is uImage binary form download page  is different with your build source from download page

if it ture , your used cross compiler, and kernel config is follow user guild form download page?

if you follow all instruction ,if you burn you build binary to D2Plug , this mean D2plug source same with uImage binary at device right

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: