• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kernel for D2Plug  (Read 2234 times)
kstaniek

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:55:19 AM »

Hi Team,

do you have any plans to release new kernel for d2plug?

Is there any git repository available for d2plug?

I can't find it on git.kernel.org so I guess is not merged yet.
It is also not available on git.marvell.com nor kernel.ubuntu.com/git

Cheers,
klaus

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

Look at rabeeh's kernel for the CuBox.  The d2plug and CuBox share common hardware, so the code should be pretty close to the same.  I think there's ongoing effort to get CuBox support into the mainline kernel.

https://github.com/rabeeh/linux-2.6.32.9

kstaniek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »

Does it mean that we got stuck with D2Plug and should have gone for CuBox rather. I expect that D2 will be maintained as well.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »

Does it mean that we got stuck with D2Plug and should have gone for CuBox rather. I expect that D2 will be maintained as well.

I think it'll be beneficial to the D2Plug users now that there's a new computer (CuBox) using the Armada 510 chip.  Development for the CuBox is pretty much the same as development for the D2Plug.  Someone with a D2Plug needs to see if the CuBox kernel can be a drop in replacement for the D2Plug.

I just rebuilt the CuBox default kernel with my existing cross-platform tools.  I don't have either a D2Plug or a CuBox (they're on order), so I can't test it.

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »

I have see the CuBox kernel version form git-hub , it look like same with D2Plug version , so if wantd is new kernel version , I don't think need to reference CuBox

another thing is even chip is same , but platform is differnet , this mean , CuBox and D2Plug could be used different component(like HDMI,Audio code dec...) at their board ,so there are some reason need to used CuBox kernel at D2Plug , CuBox kernel must been modify for D2Pllug first 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: