• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: lib modules build missing  (Read 2595 times)
usolexp

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:31:38 AM »

I recently bought a D2Plug. For our application, we cannot use the in-built wifi card, so I bought a wifi USB card. I am having trouble installing the drivers for the wireless card.

When I attempt to install the drivers, I am getting an error:

/lib/modules/2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2/build: No such file or directory: stop

It is missing the linux-headers that is required to do the install. And, I am unable to get the required packages with Standard update.

Can anyone suggest a solution or recommend a wifi card that will work with D2Plug?

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »

Sorry, I don't have your usb wifi card on hand , so I can't give a try

but could I know why you can't used build-in wifi modules

BTW base on your error message , under the "/lib/modules/<kernel version>/build" is kernel source

so I think you are not install fail ,it should be build module fail when it try to find kernel,

I think you could do this by below two way

1.copy kernel source to below message mention folder and re-build it
2.build it at host(x86) device , used cross_compiler( you could find it at http://www.plugcomputer.org/downloads/d2plug/index.html) and
   modify your usb module make file , to let it to find your d2plug kernel source at host PC, than re-build it

usolexp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:29:44 PM »

I am looking to set wifi card to monitor mode for business function. I cannot change the mode of built-in wifi.

Please, Can you provide a step-wise instruction to rebuild the kernel that you mentioned below?

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 03:40:56 AM »

not need to rebuild kernel

you need to rebuild your usb wifi module source

due to this source need some header form kernel , so when you rebuild your usb wifi modules need to point out which kernel source loacte

this is why I suggest you build it at host PC ,

due to need to modify your usb wifi modules Make file and this is for business used, I think you could ask your wifi module vendor help

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: