• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Installation guide for factory resetting the D2Plug?  (Read 3148 times)
HaunsTM

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »

Hi everybody,

Sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, I' new here...

First of all, I'm a complete novice on Linux/Ubuntu and related (I'm a Windows 7 x64 user normally).

Well, I bought a D2Plug for a couple of weeks ago for learning and examining purposes. Now I'm sure that I have messed up the entire software/bootloader/filesystem and OS - I need to do a complete factory reset since my plug doesn't even boot anymore. Yes, I know that I shouldn't try to do things that I can't manage but here I am - with a broken software system. :-(

My problem is that I can't figure out how to do the factory reset practically. I know that I can find downloads on http://www.plugcomputer.org/downloads/d2plug/ but thats all. I have tried to follow installation guides for other plug computers and apply it on my own but with no success.

My prerequisites: In addition to the development kit (the plug and its' cables) I have access to a PC Windows 7 x64 with PuTTY-software. I do _not_ have a JTAG.

Does anybody know where to find an easy-to-follow-step-by-step-installation-guide for the D2Plug from my point of view? Is it possible to complete this installation without a JTAG? (In other words, make i work normally again?)

*bootloader
*filesystem
*kernel

With kind regards,
Hans

mentor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

you could used my attach doc to give a try

* D2Plug SWUG_10-26_comment-enabled.pdf (1040.51 KB - downloaded 659 times.)

HaunsTM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:49:15 AM »

Thank You so much mentor!

That really helped me!!! :-)

With kind regards,
Hans

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: