• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sheeva.with-linux.com offline  (Read 2324 times)
DavidShaw

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:59:24 AM »

Does anyone know if sheeva.with-linux.com is offline temporarily or permanently?  I was hoping to get a prebuilt kernel newer than the one I have, but the site's been offline ever since I discovered that it existed.  Does anyone know who runs it, and how I might contact them?

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »

Does anyone know if sheeva.with-linux.com is offline temporarily or permanently?  I was hoping to get a prebuilt kernel newer than the one I have, but the site's been offline ever since I discovered that it existed.  Does anyone know who runs it, and how I might contact them?

I'm working on it now....I transitioned my firewall to systemd and something is not quite right.  Should be available soon.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »

When it rains it pours... I can't believe my luck, I worked on it all night last night (until about 6am).  After all of that work, my firewall's external interface decided to crap out.  It had been flaky before, but now it deciced to die completely.  So after a trip to Radio Shack today, I bought a Trendnet TU2-ET100 usb/ethernet adapter.  I finally got my firewall back online after rebuilding my kernel to add support for the Trendnet.  Somethings still not right with my DNAT configuration, but at least I can get back to fixing that...rather than dead ethernet adapters.  I really hated to use usb ethernet, it seems to add 0.9 ms to the ping time, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »

OK, finally I fixed it.

I was focusing all of my attention on the firewall until I finally decided the firewall was fine.

It turned out my web server was getting the wrong default route...It was a sheeva.  Apparently it was pulling in the setting from the uboot environment, which I had set for troubleshooting and was pointing at a different host which didn't have forwarding enabled.

Sometimes during troubleshooting you figure out better ways of doing things, so all was not lost.

Yapapa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 04:41:19 AM »

glad to read that your environment is running on all 6 cylinders again!
At least I thank you for your support! - Very much appreciated!
Y.

Pommi
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »

Can you please look at your IPv6 configuration.
sheeva.with-linux.com is only working for me when I disable IPv6.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: