• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Linux RMS Gateway  (Read 3257 times)
flaham

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:31:48 AM »

I have been hearing about Sheevaplug for two years as a viable resource to embed a HAM Radio RMS Gateway.

The Linux RMS Gateway is a two way bridge between Amateur Radio (ax.25) and internet e-mail. The bridge makes it easy for Radio Amateur Operators to deploy to areas where communications infrastructure has been interrupted and service emergency messages direct to emergency managers.

When asked about the viability of a project to install Linux RMS Gates into Sheevaplugs many said yes.... it could be done. However, there was no documentation as to How or What was needed.

I was able to contact Ron Morell who had just recently recovered his old plug and install a working OS and RMS Gate application. Ron was gracious enough to share his knowledge and assist in the documentation of the creation of a Sheeva-RMS Gate.

Presently that documentation is being refined and verified. It will be made available to anyone interested.

The grass may be greener on the Other side.... but it still has to be mowed.

flaham

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »

The project has taken several forks, but the documentation is still in the works.

For those with some experience and an interested in the files used in the instillation.
download the package http://ka7u.us/stuff/installerRMSGW.tar.gz.
This is the Sheeva-Installer1 tarball with the project specific files included.

The grass may be greener on the Other side.... but it still has to be mowed.

KA7U

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

There have been 177 views on this.  I better update that installer to the new stuff...
Ron
KA7U

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: