• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dreamplug uboot bootdelay=0  (Read 2722 times)
tlamer

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »

Hi,

i've got dreamplug for few months.. Today I wanted to change bootdelay from 3 to 5 seconds because some times happened that i didnt press any key in time... To my very surprise after reboot the bootdelay was 0! Now I can't acces the uboot... I dont know if it was a bug or some typing error but when i work whith uboot i double check the changes so i dont think i made i mistake, i dont know... everything is possible...

So any ideas what to do? Google didnt help very much...

bnborg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »

On my SheevaPlug, the bootdelay always gets set back to 3 after the second reset.  I have tried various settings from 5 to 10.  I don't know if this has anything to do with your dreamplug, but there seems to be something in U-Boot that changes the bootdelay.

tlamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:46:42 AM »

On dreamplug value remains the same... This way im screwed cause im working on kernel package so i need to change boot parameters.. Must fix it somehow...

odoll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »

So any ideas what to do?

you may want to look at cbxbiker61's sheeva-uboot-tools: http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=5867.0

tlamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »

thanks ill try it after the weekend.. but im not sure... dreamplug uses NOR flash for uboot not NAND...

odoll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 01:19:06 AM »

Ups, sorry - yes, you're on a DreamPlug. If I recall correctly there have been discussion here about the usage of such tools on other variants than the SheevaPlug. But as I just use the latter I haven't followed them closely enough to make any suggestion ...

tlamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:30 AM »

I've solved the problem... It was very sipmple Smiley I've disassembled DP... and took out internal sd card... pluged DP in and got into uboot cause it couldnt find any device to boot from... bootdelay variable was set to 5... strange... i've changed it back to 3 and everything was fine...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: