• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sheeva doesn't work  (Read 2461 times)
loverdrive

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »

Hi. I've a sheeva, it worked fine for a year but now it doen't work. It is linked with ethernet cable to a router, but the led of the eth-port of the router is off, like there isn't a cable connected (but the led on the eth on sheeva is on).
I tried to connect to sheeva by jtag, but it doesn't work. In linux there isn't /dev/ttyUSB#  and dmesg give me no information about any usb device.
On sheeva, there is only one led up.

Now i can't access to sheeva in any way. Have you any idea?

odoll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »

maybe suffering from a faulty power supply?

loverdrive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »

i tried to attach it into another power-plug but there's the same problem.

hanker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:40:51 AM »

i tried to attach it into another power-plug but there's the same problem.

I think odoll was referring to the Sheeva's internal power supply. These are notoriously flaky. They can either be replaced with a new internal unit or with an external 5V 3A unit.

loverdrive

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:08:46 AM »

Sad Sad  Angry Angry

I noticed all the sheeva is flaky. uBoot too. At this point, if i had to spend more money, i'll buy another (different) board.

Is there a warranty?

hanker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 07:50:13 AM »

Sad Sad  Angry Angry

I noticed all the sheeva is flaky. uBoot too. At this point, if i had to spend more money, i'll buy another (different) board.

Is there a warranty?

As far as I know, the Sheevaplug has only a 30-day warranty.

I have removed the internal power supply from mine and replaced it with an external 5V 3A power supply. These are available on ebay for around $6 US.

I had to solder the jack for the power supply plug to the power supply wires on the motherboard. No problem, and the Sheevaplug works great now. It runs Subsonic 24/7, no problem.

loverdrive

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »

Sad Sad  Angry Angry

Is there a warranty?

As far as I know, the Sheevaplug has only a 30-day warranty.

I have removed the internal power supply from mine and replaced it with an external 5V 3A power supply. These are available on ebay for around $6 US.

I had to solder the jack for the power supply plug to the power supply wires on the motherboard. No problem, and the Sheevaplug works great now. It runs Subsonic 24/7, no problem.

[/quote

ok, thank you. I'll try it

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: