• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.6.39.2 new kernel available  (Read 3159 times)
cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:57:44 AM »

2.6.39.2 is now available (has been for a few days now, didn't want to mention it earlier since I've been fiddling with my boot sequence).

2.6.39.2 has been updated to be compatible with systemd.

For everything besides Dreamplugs:
sudo ./README-PLUG-UPDATE.sh 2.6.39.2 --nandkernel (installs 2.6.39.2 to nand)

For Dreamplugs:
sudo ./README-DREAM-UPDATE.sh 2.6.39.2 (installs 2.6.39.2 to disk)

Kernel and modules are available from the following locations:

http://www.plugapps.com/mirror/with-linux/
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Features e-sata, dmcrypt, IPV6, CIFS, NFS4, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS, FUSE(for ntfs-3g), UBIFS, usb-serial, uvcvideo, iptables, appletalk, bluetooth, v4l and ppp.

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:38:01 AM »

Have you tried setup your environment with systemd yet? if you do how does it feel?

Good Luck Smiley

birdman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »

2.6.39.2 is now available (has been for a few days now, didn't want to mention it earlier since I've been fiddling with my boot sequence).
It hasn't made it to the mirror yet.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »

Have you tried setup your environment with systemd yet? if you do how does it feel?

I've been tweaking systemd on the sheevaplug for the last couple of days.  It is awsome!.  Fast, reliable bootup.  I can't say enough positive things about systemd.  It's a very well thought out init process.

systemd-analyze                                                                   
Startup finished in 3431ms (kernel) + 4909ms (userspace) = 8340ms

I started my migration to systemd about a month ago (had vacation in the middle of that) on my laptop.  I gradually got the booting working great.  Now I've done the Sheeva it's working great.  I've got about 4 more computers to convert now, they should be pretty easy though.  Most of the work in conversion is to build packages with .service and .socket files.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »

It hasn't made it to the mirror yet.

Yeah, the mirror has some issue with rsync that I've notified the mirror maintainer about.  Hopefully it'll be worked out soon, I saw him testing it today.

Fletch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »

Would you be willing to share your download stats?  I'm just curious how many people are running updated kernels on the different platforms.

pacolm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 11:32:50 AM »

Hi,

I have just upgraded one of my guruplugs and installed systemd, no tweaks, just installed and I'm impressed...now boots really fast!

Thanks a lot,

PacoLM
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:35:41 AM by pacolm » Logged

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »

Would you be willing to share your download stats?  I'm just curious how many people are running updated kernels on the different platforms.

Since the download script "prefers" to get files from the mirror, it's pretty much impossible to get a valid number.  I did see about 8 different update requests come in at the same time from the same subnet.  I did a little sleuthing and tracked it back to an ISP with a web presence.  So it looks like someone is using it in a production style manner.

mhtsaras

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

It's working fine with my debian wheezy on sd card sheeva plug, faster and with better memory management.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: