• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guruplug server plug -> where's USB power in the schematics???  (Read 5205 times)
pacolm

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

Hello,

I got a guruplug that has the USB and SD not working at all. I have downloaded the schematics here https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=567954&fcc_id=%27YCJ003GP%27, following the link in another topic of this forum.

Now I want to check if the USB hub controller is working properly (2F-U4). The point is that in page 13 of the schematics, U4 needs the +USB_VCC and the SD reader (U2) needs +SD_VCC, but I could not find where those voltages come from.... I have searched in the whole schematic but no success. Is there a typo in the schematic?. Do I need to go to sleep?

I will pay a virtual beer to the 'finder'...

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM

TheDOC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 03:51:13 AM »

If you find out anything, please report. I'm having the same problem here with my guruplug server plus. Sad

pacolm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:58:52 AM »

Hi,

I have found that the problem of the Guruplug is U4 (GL850G). It has a short in the pin 48 (V33) to ground. The chip seems damaged. I'll try to get a new GL850G and replace it, or a new board from Globalscale.

Regards,

PacoLM

biertrnker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »

Hi PacoLM,

did you have success replacing the GL850G? I have the same issue. I have ordered 5 GL850G from china, but will it help?

thanks in advance

Biertrinker

pacolm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »

Hi,

I finally gave up, because it was impossible for me to get this chip (the minimum qty for ordering was 100!). I was using the guruplug with the esata port, because usb was not working. If you are interested in getting the guruplug, I could sell it. Where are you from?

Regards,

PacoLM

biertrnker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »

Hi,

at the moment, i dont like to buy another guruplug with the same failor, in addition i don't know if i shoud buy a guruplug again.

But i will try to replace the GL850 when my delivery from China will arrive. I found a supplier at aliexpress that delivers 5 pices for 8$ inc. shipping to germany. If you like i could send you one of it by mail (the non-e one ;-)?

by

biertrinker

pacolm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:53 AM »

Hi,

at the moment, i dont like to buy another guruplug with the same failor, in addition i don't know if i shoud buy a guruplug again.

But i will try to replace the GL850 when my delivery from China will arrive. I found a supplier at aliexpress that delivers 5 pices for 8$ inc. shipping to germany. If you like i could send you one of it by mail (the non-e one ;-)?

by

biertrinker

Hi,

What's the failure of your guruplug?. Is not seeing anything connected to the usbs?. Have you checked that the u4 (GL850) does not shows the V33?. If so, if you fix the problem by changing the chip, I will be very happy to get one!

Hope you have luck!. Keep in touch,

PacoLM

biertrnker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »

Hi Paco,

yes, usb was totaly dad, no 5V on the bus, and the V33 Pin on the GL850 was connected to GND.

But good news, today the delivery from china arrived with 5 GL850G included. The replacement was not easy, but it could be done (i have cutted the pins with a sharp nife to remove the chip, the cleaned the pads)
Now usb devices are visible and also booting is possible now!

Thank you very much, you showed me the right way! If you send me your postal address, i will send you a chip by mail!

thanks

Biertrinker

pacolm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »

Hi,

You have a PM! Congratulations!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: