• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.6.38.8 new kernel available  (Read 2449 times)
cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »

2.6.38.8 is now available.

For everything besides Dreamplugs:
sudo ./README-PLUG-UPDATE.sh 2.6.38.8 --nandkernel (installs 2.6.38.8 to nand)

For Dreamplugs:
sudo ./README-DREAM-UPDATE.sh 2.6.38.8 (installs 2.6.38.8 to disk)

README-*-UPDATE.sh's have been updated with new location on plugapps.com (/mirror has been added).

Please update your README-*-UPDATE.sh files, as the plugapps location has changed.

Kernel and modules are available from the following locations:

http://www.plugapps.com/mirror/with-linux/
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Features e-sata, dmcrypt, IPV6, CIFS, NFS4, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS, FUSE(for ntfs-3g), UBIFS, usb-serial, uvcvideo, iptables, appletalk, bluetooth, v4l and ppp.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:44:14 PM »

Quite a few people have asked for the kernel source in a form suitable for building extra modules.  With 2.6.38.8 I've finally got around to making it available.

It will NOT show up on the sheeva.with-linux site, but will show up on the mirror site in the appropriate directory.

You will need to change the build and source symlinks in the kernel modules directory (or use other appropriate methods to tell the external module source where to find the kernel source).

For cross-compiling external modules you're best bet is probably to build the toolchain that I use.  It can be built using the BuildPlugToolChain-20110530.sh script in /tools.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:56:09 PM »

I've decided to upgrade my SheevaPlug with a 32 Gig Sandisk Extreme Pro.  Currently I've got an 8 Gig SD and a 16 Gig Flash drive.  I've tested a 32 Gig Sandisk Extreme and it seemed to work well (it's now in a video cam).  If the SheevaPlug doesn't like the Extreme Pro I'll put it in the video cam and move the regular Extreme into the Sheeva.

When I swap in the Extreme I'll also move to an SD based boot, it's much more convenient for testing new kernels.

ratel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »

Thank you for your work!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: