• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dreamplug/openocd  (Read 2912 times)
spinifex

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »

I am in the process of playing with uBoot setup on the Dreamplug.
What I would really like is an openocd setup that can update the uBoot environment (nothing else).
Does anyone know of (or have this)?

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:23:52 AM »

At this time, openocd does not have support for the dreamplug's SPI/NOR so it cannot be done. however you can use openocd to halt the dreamplug, transfer your uboot into memory, resume and flash with existing command.

Warning, do not flash just any u-boot code you got. your u-boot code need to be able to boot from SPI so use "mkimage -l -u-boot-filename" to check it is bootable from SPI.

Good luck Smiley

Good Luck Smiley

dmb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:38:33 PM »

Is openocd going to have support for this spi/nor soon you think, is it in progress?

spinifex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »

Is openocd going to have support for this spi/nor soon you think, is it in progress?

One would hope so. A Sheevaplug without the installer is sort of limited in use (no Meteohub for example).

dmb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »

At this time, openocd does not have support for the dreamplug's SPI/NOR so it cannot be done. however you can use openocd to halt the dreamplug, transfer your uboot into memory, resume and flash with existing command.

Warning, do not flash just any u-boot code you got. your u-boot code need to be able to boot from SPI so use "mkimage -l -u-boot-filename" to check it is bootable from SPI.

Good luck Smiley

Really? How would I start to do this? Any examples? This sounds like a way to recover if needed.

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »

Please see this post http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=5848.msg18954#msg18954

Good Luck Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: