• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I just received a new Dreamplug today  (Read 12528 times)
Fletch

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:49 PM »

It would probably help if a simple wiki page like this existed for the Dreamplug:

http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Reflashing_images_on_the_GuruPlug

gweiler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 05:47:37 PM »

Sorry,  I haven't been following the post lately, got other stuff going on.  To answer the earlier thread, I had to get an RMA too.  They took care of shipping.  I just got my dreamplug back yesterday.  Same one as I shipped them.  All they did was re-flash the bootloader so that the unit is now running at 1.2 GHz like they advertise.  Although they could have flashed it with Debian like I asked them to when I sent it back to them,  they just sent it back to me with the same Ubuntu 9.04 like it had before (I sent it back before the Debian image was up on the website).

It's easy to become critical of the way they operate if you don't take into consideration that they are supplying inexpensive hardware to a largely hobbyest market.  There's not a lot of profit in long customer support cycles to people that buy in quantities of one.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: