• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crash message in dmesg  (Read 5941 times)
ppmt

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »

For the last few days I see the following messages.

I have searched google but haven't found anything very helpfull

Is it bad?

Code:
[508735.142688] SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) saK show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) powerOff show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W) dump-ftrace-buffer(Z)
[508742.503804] SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) saK show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) powerOff show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W) dump-ftrace-buffer(Z)
[508746.500890] SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) saK show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) powerOff show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W) dump-ftrace-buffer(Z)
[1154195.192489] SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) saK show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) powerOff show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W) dump-ftrace-buffer(Z)
[1154201.204403] SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) saK show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) powerOff show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W) dump-ftrace-buffer(Z)
[1154205.214692] SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) saK show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) powerOff show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) unRaw Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W) dump-ftrace-buffer(Z)

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »

The kernel is compiled with "magic key" to support reboot. the "magic key" key sequence is 'ctrl-alt-prtscn(SysyRq)' then with one of the letter in the '(' ')' so somehow your serial input is transmiting the "magic key" key sequence.

Good luck Smiley

Good Luck Smiley

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »

wow

you can say that from that message?

I am going to remove my jtag and see what happens

The stange thing is that the JTAG has alway been connected but it only started recently

Also aprt from these message nothing seems to happen. The plug doesn't reboot

Thnaks

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:08:50 AM »

The "magic key" sequence require all together four keys in order to happen, right now it looks like only 3 keys press down and the other key(s) is not one of the action key that is why it pop the help messages. I am no sure it is even possible using serial port from keyboard can generate these keycode. you are correct to disconnect the jtag connection and see that help.

Good luck Smiley

Good Luck Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: