• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sheeva.with-linux Dreamplug kernel?  (Read 4736 times)
Fletch

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »

Are there any plans for a Dreamplug sheeva.with-linux kernel?  Will the Dreamplug have a new arcNumber, or will it be compatible with the guruplug kernels?  Thanks.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »

Are there any plans for a Dreamplug sheeva.with-linux kernel?  Will the Dreamplug have a new arcNumber, or will it be compatible with the guruplug kernels?  Thanks.

I don't have any objections to adding Dreamplug support, if it doesn't get too ugly.  I don't know if the arcNumber is the same, that'd tell us a lot.  Interestingly enough the dreamplug says the source is available at plugcomputer.org.  I didn't find it with a quick site search.  If someone does a little research, maybe they can find the Dreamplug source so I can do some comparisons.

Fletch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »

I haven't found source anywhere.  The NewIT guys say that GSI is working on getting uboot, kernel and rootfs images posted soon.  Hopefully that will also include source.  I suppose someone with a Dreamplug can tell us the arcNumber it uses.

tomasz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 02:06:50 AM »

Happy to help since I just got one of these. Here is the output for the generic cpu info

root@ubuntu:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo 
Processor   : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS   : 1192.75
Features   : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer   : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant   : 0x2
CPU part   : 0x131
CPU revision   : 1

Hardware   : Marvell GuruPlug Reference Board
Revision   : 0000
Serial      : 0000000000000000

tomasz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »

Can any other DreamPlug users confirm a newer kernel that works?

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »

I can't said for sure for the "sheeva.with-linux" kernel but I don't see why not. I compile my own kernel as long as it have the guruplug support then it will boot. the dreamplug have not register to ARM tree as a new machine type so all reference to it is a guruplug board.

Good Luck Smiley

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:14:26 AM »

OK,  I took a look at the initialization code for the Guruplug/Dreamplug and decided it was easier to just build a special kernel for the Dreamplug without NAND support rather than trying to isolate why the kernel is hanging looking for NAND that doesn't exist.

Anyone looking to upgrade their Dreamplug kernel should read the 2.6.38.4 thread.

tomasz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 12:52:39 AM »

Thanks  cbxbiker61,

As soon as I get my questions about changing the uBoot env vars .. I'll give this a go.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: