• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who wants a guruplug plus?  (Read 2274 times)
Etienneb

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »

I'm done with this thing. Got it 4 months after I ordered it then spent a week trying to get transmission-daemon to run without a kernel panic.  Got frustrated and threw it in a drawer for a few months. I finally came back to it last week and got transmission-daemon running(had to disable wifi to do it though) and then the usb ports stopped responding. After 2 days of searching for an answer I decided to try a kernel upgrade knowing what the worst that could happen was. Well it happened, no response on reboot and I will not give globalscale another 40 bucks of my money for a jtag. So the deal is either it sits in my drawer collecting dust or somebody takes it off my hands. All I want is 10-15$ to cover shipping from the first person to message and its yours.
Cheers,
Etienne

pietsnot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:32 AM »

I'm done with this thing. Got it 4 months after I ordered it then spent a week trying to get transmission-daemon to run without a kernel panic.  Got frustrated and threw it in a drawer for a few months.
forget transmission, try rTorrent (and wTorrent)

[unbricked]2xguruplug-server+2xjtag>nslu2;debian squeeze; [4|8]gb mmc:rootFS+swapFS; sata-hd 2tb; Linux-kernel-2.6.35.12; U-Boot_2010.03-01266; iptables:FW+router+gw;dhcpd;sshd;sabnzbd;vsftpd;exim4;rTorrent; nfs[d]; autofs; xorg; icewm; iceweasel; xrdp; privoxy+tor; apache; smbd; mediatomb>pch-a110

pacolm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:19:03 AM »

You have a private message!

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »

damn it you beat me Smiley

Etienneb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

So looks likes going to pacolm.

forget transmission, try rTorrent (and wTorrent)
Dude, forget about the Guruplug. As I mentioned I waited months for it and then out of the box the wifi drivers were wreaking havoc. After getting that sorted out it looks like the usb died. Over the years I've spent a lot of time screwing around with hardware but I've never come across something so inherently flawed. And who the hell offers a 30 day warranty...somebody who doesn't have much faith in their product. I'm not giving up on the plug form factor but globalscale is not getting anymore of my business.
Cheers,
Etienne

androidcoolguy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »

I have used Guruplug Server plus for about a month now, no complain. Saw the heat issue before purchased it, so I run portable usb fan since day one.

Love it! Smiley

Might consider buying Dreamplug too.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: