• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.6.35.12 new kernel available  (Read 2589 times)
cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »

2.6.35.12 is now available.

My directory tree was getting out of hand so I restructured the directory layout.

From now on there will be ONE install script - README-PLUG-UPDATE.sh.

sudo ./README-PLUG-UPDATE.sh 2.6.35.12 --nandkernel (installs 2.6.35.12 to nand)

Kernel and modules are available from the following locations:

http://www.plugapps.com/with-linux/
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Features e-sata, dmcrypt, IPV6, CIFS, NFS4, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS, FUSE(for ntfs-3g), UBIFS, usb-serial, uvcvideo, iptables, appletalk, bluetooth, v4l and ppp.

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:31:46 PM »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for providing these kernel

I have one question : is there a way to have these kernel burned to an SD card rather than on the nand?

and sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between nandkernel and rootkernel?

Looking at the script...is this actually by using the option "rootkernel" that I could burn it to a different place than the nand?

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for providing these kernel

I have one question : is there a way to have these kernel burned to an SD card rather than on the nand?

and sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between nandkernel and rootkernel?

Looking at the script...is this actually by using the option "rootkernel" that I could burn it to a different place than the nand?

Yeah, use rootkernel if you want it on the SD (or whatever your root partition is).  Then of course you need to configure your boot arguments in uboot correctly to point at the proper boot image.  I can't guess exactly what those would be, since it depends on the distribution.

ppmt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »

Thanks a lot

I will have a go on my test usb stick

savale

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »

2.6.35.x is still the most stable version for my guruplug booting from sd. This one is no exception. Thnx for sharing!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: