• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dreamplug working as a squeezeboxserver  (Read 3075 times)
bwooster0

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:53:38 PM »

I was able to restore the Debian 5.0.3 original system onto a 16 GB SD card. Then I took that card and created a FAT32 partition on it and then copied some MP3s from my Mac onto the partition. I installed Squeezeboxserver and the Dreamplug now functions as a music server that creates its own wifi access point.

I have a squeezebox boom that intend to use in my workplace with the Dreamplug sitting in a corner somewhere.

I've been testing the system and tinkering with it and have got it working perfectly for the app that I wanted to use it for. My only concern is that I noticed after a short time testing the system that the SD card got really hot in the Dreamplug. I amo not sure that the card will last if it gets heated up. I'll try to test it out this weekend and see how it goes.

Does anyone know how we can change the name of the wifi access point that the Dreamplug sets up?

Is there a way to make Debian automatically log on to an account? Is this something we can do with a boot parameter? Right now my Dreamplug boots up and then shows a login prompt but the squeezeboxserver is running even tho no one is logged into the box.

Thanks for any help.

marcus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:02:37 AM »

Is there a way to make Debian automatically log on to an account?

See:

bwooster0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:43:07 AM »

Thanks for the help. Right now I am stressing my Dreamplug by running three Squeezebox type players off of it at once. I am going to let them run over the weekend and then see how the system heats up / handles the load.

For a long time I used a Sheevaplug but wanted a unit with a built in wifi AP to run the squeezebox server on and recently the Dreamplug came out.

Then by strange coincidence today I got an email that the Squeezebox Boom and Duet are on sale from amazon with a $35 rebate on the boom! I am ordering 2 more booms right now!

Isn't it weird how sometimes the universe aligns itself to make us happy?  Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: