• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dreamplug questions  (Read 3113 times)
pingtoo

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:37:32 PM »

I just got my dreamplug yesterday, conncet it to gigabit network, esata disk, SD card and a usb key, it is kind of hot from touch the suface but is is not burning hot. seems to be stable for now.

I plan to play around u-boot, i would like to add ext2 support, any other function you would like to see? (u-boot specific)

My package come only with two cables, one ethernet and the other use to connect between power supply and plug (once they seperated). I feel it is missing the power cable and the necessary connector, does your package include power cable?

TIA.

Good Luck Smiley

bwooster0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »

That is all mine came with. Initially I thought that something was missing too. Then I looked at the website pictures of the unit and saw that the cable would go from the part that has the power prongs to the actual unit when they are separated. I would recommend that you back up the internal microSD card.

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »

Thanks for the information. if you have sheevaplug or guruplug they come with a thing that use to inter change between power prong or this thing which allow you connect power cable to plug.

anyway, I will replace my root file system (RFS) with gentoo based system I am not too worry about losing it :-)

Thanks.

Good Luck Smiley

spinifex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:26:49 PM »

I believe later versions of uboot have a 'sleep' command. Any chance?

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »

current dreamplug u-boot have "sleep" command.

Good Luck Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: