• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.6.38 new kernel available  (Read 1610 times)
cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »

2.6.38 is now available.

.38 has cgroup support.  For anyone using a plugcomputer as a desktop that may be useful.

Kernel and modules are available from the following locations:

http://www.plugapps.com/with-linux/
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Features e-sata, dmcrypt, IPV6, CIFS, NFS4, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS, FUSE(for ntfs-3g), UBIFS, usb-serial, uvcvideo, iptables, appletalk, bluetooth, v4l and ppp.

savale

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 12:05:40 PM »

Nice to see a new kernel. It seems to work stable, no issues with usb / esate storage / sleep and with good performance so far. I had some reboot issues with the 2.37 series, I will let you know what this kernel does. (I use boot from sd)

savale

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

I have the same issues as with the 2.37 kernel. Sometimes it failes to boot from sd. I think it has something to do with the uImage size or something... I might compile a smaller one with more things compiled as a module to find out....

porkupan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »

Do you have a build script, or could you provide the sequence of steps needed to build the kernel from the mainline sources?  I don't normally build kernels manually, so any help would be appreciated.

I see that in your sources directory you have several patches in addition to the link to the kernel.org source.  Do those patches need to be applied in a certain sequence?  Are they still relevant?

Just for background, I am planning to build the kernel for SheevaPlug, and disable the SDIO driver altogether, but configure ttyS1 on SDIO pins.

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »

Do you have a build script, or could you provide the sequence of steps needed to build the kernel from the mainline sources?  I don't normally build kernels manually, so any help would be appreciated.

I see that in your sources directory you have several patches in addition to the link to the kernel.org source.  Do those patches need to be applied in a certain sequence?  Are they still relevant?

Just for background, I am planning to build the kernel for SheevaPlug, and disable the SDIO driver altogether, but configure ttyS1 on SDIO pins.

The patches should apply fine in any order, I'm pretty sure there aren't any dependencies between the patches.  The patches in a particular kernel directory are the patches that I apply for that kernel.  There is a build script or two to build tool chains on Linux in the tools directory.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: